Chapter 53

Megan Watson's POV

From the moment his lips touch mine, I feel sparks run through my entire body, and major butterflies in my stomach.

I place my hands on either side of his face, the incredible feeling in the pit of my stomach never leaving. The same sentence continues to repeat in my head as we kiss.

I'm kissing Niall.

Even though the sentence should make me pull away, it doesn't affect me, and I still kiss him.

At one point, as Niall starts to press his lips harder against mine, I realise he wants me to lie down, so I do, the only thing holding me up being my elbows, and Niall quickly places his lips back to mine.

As our lips move together in a passionate kiss, I feel insanely happy for some reason. I then completely lie down and let my head fall back onto the mattress as we kiss.

My hands return back to either sides of his face, the kiss continuing on, as well as the feeling in my body, which causes me to moan into the kiss, and for Niall to moan in response. The kiss is beginning to become more intense when suddenly there is a shout from my bedroom door.

"Oh my god!"

We immediately break apart, making the feeling in my stomach and heart leave, Niall jumping away from me, both of us panting heavily, our heads turning in the direction of the door, to see Lottie standing there, her hands clamped to her mouth in shock.

"Oh my god, guys!" She exclaims, her mouth still covered.

"Yo-you're supposed to knock," I say weakly, my cheeks flaming, as I sit up slightly, balancing on my elbows.

"I did," she says, "But you obviously didn't hear. Figures, seeing as you two were obviously very busy." She smirks.

"Why are you here?" I ask.

"To see if you were doing okay. It seemed like you were still really upset about Harry.." She says, "But you've obviously gotten over him."

I open my mouth to say something, but fail to do so, not knowing how to reply.

"I'll wait downstairs, then." She smirks again, before leaving the room, and closing the door behind her.

"Megan -" Niall starts, before I cut him off.

"Can we... can we just pretend this never happened?" I ask unsurely.

His eyes change, to a look of complete sadness and hopelessness, "W-what?"

I don't reply, having nothing to say.

"Megan, you can't just.. just pretend th-this never happened," he says sadly, looking me in the eyes.

"Niall, I ha-have to," I say, "I don't know what -"

"But you - you let me kiss you! You wanted me to!" He says desperately.

I take a deep breath, "You don't know that."

"So you're sayin you didn't want to kiss me?" He asks.

I gulp, shaking my head untruthfully.

He then takes me by surprise, taking my face in his hands and putting his lips onto mine. I'm shocked at first, but the feeling in my stomach immediately returns, and I can't help but kiss back, my hands resting on his chest.

Not long after, he pulls away, and I lean forward in attempt to continue the kiss, but he doesn't let me, raising an eyebrow.

"You don't wanna kiss me, huh?" He asks.

"Look." I sigh. "Niall. I just... I dunno what's going on. My... my life's a mess. I shouldn't have kissed you. I shouldn't want to kiss you - I shouldn't e-enjoy kissing you. I -"

"Why?" He asks bluntly, cutting me off.

"Why what?"

"Why shouldn't you like kissing me? Is there a problem with me?" He asks, obviously annoyed, "I'd be much better for you than Harry, Megan! You don't deserve to be treated like that! He treated you like - like dirt! Where's I - I actually love you! Why -"

"What did you just say?" I ask in shock.

He pauses. "Nothing. You know what, it doesn't matter anymore." He stands up, picking up his guitar and starting to walk out of the room.

"Niall, where're you -" I ask, getting up also.

"I'm done," he says, before repeating under his breath, "I'm done."

"What do you mean you're -" I hurriedly go after him, since he has already left the room.

"Niall!" I call, surprised to see he is already almost at the bottom of the stairs.

I run after him, and luckily catch up with him as he tries to open the front door. I grab his arm, making him face me.

"Niall," I say, tears welling up in my eyes, "Please. What do y-you mean you're done?"

"I mean I'm done," he says, his voice cracking. He then opens the front door, and goes out into the lashing rain, that had not been there when he first came.

I run after him, not caring about what I'm wearing, or how soaked I become, tears starting to stream down my face, "Niall!" My voice fails me, the shout only coming out a quiet sob.

"Megan! Oh my god, I'm so sorry." I hear Lottie's voice from behind me. I feel like screaming at her out of anger about everything, but decide against it, not wanting to ruin another relationship.

"Come here," she says, holding her arms out, which I go into, crying into her shoulder.

"Shh. It's okay," she soothes me as if I'm some little kid, but strangely enough, it helps. "C'mon, let's get inside before we catch a cold."

I nod my head, before letting out another sob, and we walk into my apartment.

"I've screwed my wh-whole life u-up," I cry when we get inside.

"No you haven't," she says, "They're not everything. They're just boys. Stupid, stupid, boys. Boys suck."

"But they a-are everything," I sob, "to me, they're everything."

She looks at me with furrowed eyebrows. "Who's everything?"

"Niall a-and Harry," I say.

"They can't both be. Which one is everything to you?" She asks.

"I d-don't know," I say, before sobbing again.

I then whisper under my breath, thinking about kissing Niall, "I can't believe that actually just happened."

She gives me a reassuring hug, before we walk into the living room and sit down on the couch.

"What happened?" She asks, "Tell me everything. I think it'd help you."

And then I let everything out.

-------

"Wow. That's, uh, wow." Lottie says after I tell her everything, "You're life is pretty, uh, drama filled at the moment, huh?"

I nod my head, taking big, uneven breaths as I try to stop crying.

"But honestly," she says, "If I were you.. I think I know who I'd rather be with."

"Who?"

She shrugs a shoulder. "Not gonna say anything." She pauses, before saying, "Okay. This is a sorta weird and awkward thing to ask, but, uh.. You know when you, um, kissed them?"

I nod my head, raising an eyebrow.

"Which, uh..." She scratches the back of her head, "You know that, 'butterflies in your stomach' shit? Which... god, this is awkward. Which of them made you get.. those... butterflies?"

I furrow my eyebrows together, "Both."

"Both?" She asks, "Okay then. Do either of them make you feel... more butterflies? If that even makes sense?"

I ponder over it, before deciding to lie, "No." But in reality, I don't know the answer to that question.

"No?" She asks.

I nod my head.

She looks at me in confusion. "Wh - okay. But whichever of them makes you feel... happier, I guess, then they're probably the one you should pick."

"Pick?!" I shout, suddenly annoyed, "This isn't fucking Twilight, Charlotte! 'Pick'. What the fuck do you think they are?! They're human beings! And neither of them want me, so why the fuck would I waste my time choosing things if in the end, I won't be with either of them anyway! I screwed everything up! My whole fucking life! I always screw up every single thing that matters to me! Always! I'm so fucking stupid, it'd just be easier for everyone if I didn't exist! Ugh!"

"Don't dare say that, Megan. Because you know that's not true." Lottie says firmly. "I think... this just seems a bit too much for you, Megan. I think you need a break from all this."

"But how c-can I take a break from my life? It's not possible, Lottie. That's the problem," I mutter, sighing.

"You can. I know what you can do," she says.

"What?"

"Apply for college. You need to, anyway. Try and get a place. A few years ago you said your mum puts money in your bank account every week, for college, or whatever you need it for when you're older. Use it. That's what you should do," she says, and I just stare at her in shock. I had completely forgotten about that money.

She was right. College would be great for me - I'd have something to focus on, and I'd be able to get away from everything.

"Lottie? I think that's a great idea."

---------------------------------------------

A/N: wow. alot happened in this chapter. okaaay let me try and remember what's happened in this chapter.

so nigan kissed (more like made out omfg niall slow downn). lottie walked in on them. megan was confused. niall got upset. he left. megan cried. she told lottie everything. she decided she'd go to college. okay, that's a good amount of stuff, right? hopefully not too much... lolol.

i didn't like this chapter at all. bleh. it was awkward. aha. so who do you ship? nigan or megarry?

thanks so much for reading. i honestly love youuuu,

Lisa :)