Chapter 2

In gym class , on the track field Coach Springer wanted us to do 6 laps in under 3 minutes. Running was not my trade mark. High School track star Mya Jones was going on and on about winning the track meet last thursday. Not everyone is as good a faster runner as her. Coach blew his whistle next thing I know my I am running faster than Mya.

It felt pretty damn good. Mya was trying to catch up with me. Next thing I know I am doing 3 laps under 30 seconds. Then 3 more in 1 minute. Coach Springer was impressed. Mya was shocked. Brooke asked where did I learn to run like that. I really didn't know. Someone was spying on us from a far away distance. I looked then turned around. I looked back then he was gone.

After school I didn't know what to do. I discovered a new skill I can finally use. So trying it out was best. Running through prospect park faster than any man or woman. Everyone saw a mist. I saw speed. The rush of feeling so alive. It felt like feeling everything at once. I finally got home. Mom was inside on the couch with her computer. She asked how school was. It was amazing. Outside in gym I beat track star Mya Jones. I have never felt this way before. Mom was glad. Then she asked any news from the Max kid? I told her no. His mother came to the school collecting his belongings. It gets weirder someone posted a status on his facebook account literally right after he died or went missing. Then it just got deleted. She said it might have been just someone paying their respects.

I went into the kitchen while she was talking. I picked a knife from the drawer. Or maybe it was a psycho killer. She said she couldn't imagine me dead . It would be heart breaking. I then asked my mother do you know anything about my birth parents. She said here we go.

"Please"

I asked her. She said she knew as much as I do. Someone left me on the doorstep when I was a baby. She took me to the police a day later no one knew who I belonged to . They wanted to take samples from me when I was a baby to find my parents. But she didn't allow it and I was to young . But if they had'nt left me on that doorstep I would've never met Claire.

Mya Jones was walking home alone from track practice. Someone was following her . She was walking in the cold rainy night. She saw mysterious figure asking who is this. Max she says everyone has been looking for you. It wasn't only Max. It was 3 others . Mya ran as fast as she could. She ran through a ditch there was a dead end.The person went on top of her and started biting drinking her blood. Then took her away.

At school during track Mya wasn't there. Coach was talking to Principal Manor about her. They were whispering tho. I tucked my hair behind my ear trying overhearing the conversation. Mya hasn't come home from practice last night. Her parents are at the school right now. They called the police and everything. The principal walked away. Coach said what are you looking at do some jumping jacks and run four laps to all of us. Max's mother was planning a memorial for him at the school. Now I guess Mya will be having one too. Mya's parents show.

After school to take off the steam I started jumping off building to building. I could never lose breath. It would just take me seconds to jump high and to come down. What if i'm next? and I just don't know it. When I was about to jump on one last building I heard someone behind me. I turned around. One of the men asked the other guy somthing.

"Is this the girl?". The other guy responds with yeah thats her. The start chasing after me.

Then I start running like hell. I dont know what is going on. I keep jumping off buildings. When I jump off the far building I just stood there not knowing what to do. One of the four guys start to grab me. He holds onto my neck . I bite him and he starts bleeding.He lets go of me after that bite. I fall and get back up. We will see you soon again Elissa the guy says. I am utterly shocked he knows my name.