Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Tristan wanted to come with me to meet Lucius and mom. Vick wanted to tag along. We all wanted to meet up by me and my mother apartment in New York. Vick wanted to tag along. Theo wondered why the instructor Vick and I were leaving V.A for the weekend.  I feel like I'm keeping secrets from Theo. Tristan and Vick knows why not him. He is always left behind. We have gotten closer these past weeks. At Tribeca he was an airhead and a hot head. But now it's different I know what he goes through.

Tristan Vick and I were taking the taking the train to New York. Claire and Lucius were going to meet us there. I keep thinking about my ascending. It might be worse than it sounds. Or what anyone tells me.  Me and Tristan are sitting on different seats. We decided not to do the whole romance thing. It was better he stayed my instructor and helped me through this. He trusts me and I trust him with our secrets.  I am glad we got past the whole I hate you thing . We both changed since we met each other and it scares us. It scares him the most. And if one of us dies we'll both get our hearts broken. It'll hurt so much to the point where one of us will be a cold heartless. And eventually you would want to turn to the dark side.

I can tell Tristan is still in love with the Isolde. He just puts it off.

The train conductor said we would be there in the next 3 hours. I'm sure back at V.A everyone is still training. As for Jack getting prepared. Arming his men. But if we were face to face I would tell him that I will never go down without a fight.

Vick is listening to music on a headphones. I'm just sitting on my phone waiting. I check for the time every 15 minutes. Tristan is on the left side of the train sleeping. I get to see him sleep so peacefully. I try to remember everything from when I was a baby using my power to have a glimpse. it's too bad I didn't get the chance to use a crystal ball to see my past. My power is a little bit shaky it only happens when I don't want it to and when I can't control it. everyone else knows how to master their powers but I am a late bloomer.

Tristan wakes up and I finally get to ask him the question I was dying to ask. I go over to his seat I sat next to him he is by the window.

" Tristan can you tell me that everything is going to be alright because my palms are sweating. I laugh." For all I know my parents could be wrong I may be a hybrid but I can bring balance. I am just Elissa. I will always be Elissa before being a hybrid"

"Everyone sees you as a threat because your stronger than anyone suspects and it makes them feel vulnerable including Jack. You may see this as an unreal thing but you may not believe in you. But I believe in you more than anything. And I never give compliments." Tristan says.

What he said boosted my confidence. He believes in me and he finally admitted it. It wasn't so bad.

—————————————————————————————-

Lucius and Claire are at the apartment in New York. It would be safer there since my ascending is just 72 hours away. And the need for blood was going to be really painful.

After the three hour train ride we all waked to my apartment. Tristan and Vick go to see what New York looked like. They were so use to being at V.A. They were like tourists coming into a new city while I was their tour guide. We reached to my apartment and I opened the door with my key. Lucius and Claire were inside. So was Kate. It was about time she left her house. My mother looks at me and comes close to give me a hug.

"Your mother is a mortal? Tristan asks". Mom looks at him with a weird smile. Lucius looks at his as if he were the enemy.

"Great another vampire" Kate says sarcastically, And this time its an young adult vampire. Kate did not know if she should trust him.

"If you try anything, I will rip out your heart the minute something comes out of line" Lucius says. They both were so tough and protective.

"I am only here to help you help Elissa." Tristan says. I told him I could take care of my self. He said that I could break a finger just by getting in a girl fight. It was true but untrue.

"The only protectors she needs right now are the ones who knew her most. You just suddenly care about her enough to protect her." Lucius says

"We might not be 'great' friends but you know you cant protect her forever" Tristan says

"And you can?... Claire asks"

He was hesitant to say another word and then he uttered the words.

"Yes. I know what you think I am but I know her enough to have her trust" Tristan says. I felt a little light headed and sat next to Kate on the couch. I held my hands to my head. I held them on as if my head was pounding.

"Elissa what is it? Claire asks". Kate and Claire are looking at me while my hands are held tightly to my head. My palms were sweaty and I needed the urge to drink. I was tense.

"You need to drink" Tristan says.

"I DON'T WANT TO DRINK BLOOD." I yelled. Claire ran into the kitchen to whip me up something to drink.

"Calm down Elissa" Vick says. I let go my hands free from holding my head tight. My eyes turned blue and my fangs came out. I jumped over to Vick choking her to the wall. Lucius and Tristan use their hands to make me let go of Vick.

They sat me down on the chair. Claire comes back with the cup of fruit punch in her hands. I chug the hold thing down to the last bit. She probably used drops of blood and put it into my drink. I could taste it and sense the smell. I couldn't stay on cold blood bags forever. Tristan is kneeling in front of me and looking at me.

"I'm sorry" I said.

Tristan saw the tiredness in my eyes. I passed out after drinking the blood. He picked me up and carried me to my bedroom. Laying me on my bed I once use to lay on.

____________________________________________________________

Tristan goes back into the living room were everyone is.

"Do you trust me now. I don't wish to be part of your "team". I would rather do things my own way by helping her. I could care less about all of you but I slightly care less about Elissa."

"I like you kid" Kate says. Tristan has a serious face on while everyone else is looking at him and each other in the room.

Immortalis [Book #1]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें