Chapter 19

During the night I was sleeping on my bed. Where I found Tristan sleeping in my room on my chair. Lucius was gone, Claire was sleeping in her bedroom. And Kate and Vick were sleeping in the living room. I woke up in the middle of the night.

I still had on my clothes from earlier today. Tristan was sleeping on my chair. As I tried to make an attempt to getting out of my bed to not wake up Tristan it failed.

He heard me and ran by the door. "I wanted to go out and get some air" I told him.

"Then let's both go out, I can't risk you breaking your neck" he says while grabbing his leather jacket.
------------------------------------------------

We were walking down the side walk together. I smelled fresh baked pastries. The sense made my eyes close up and brought a smile to my face. I never knew my senses would be so heightened. It feels good. My hands were in my pockets. It was rainy out and cold.
I miss moments like this.

"Was it hard losing Isolde" I asked
His face is turned away. He is looking at the other side of the side walk.
"I don't know". How can he not know if he was in pain then and now about her death.
But whoever those vampires were who killed his girlfriend are assholes.
I stopped walking and moved closely to the bricked building by a store. My back is leaned against the bricked wall.
"So if I were killed" I pause and he stops me right there.

"How can you ask that from me?"
"I just figured since..."

"Since I kissed you". Hearing him say it out loud was magic. But that doesn't matter.

"You have so much potential to be good something I could never be. I will just mess up everything" he says. But I am a hybrid everyone wants me dead and there's nothing I can do about it expect have someone by my side defending me.

"I don't expect you to care about me but I need you to" . He comes in closer stroking the cheeks of my face.
"I do, but that could be both of our weaknesses" he says

"You know if I wasn't doing this whole running and killing thing then I would be here, A teenage nobody. At least being a hybrid makes me feel popular although I don't care about it.
He kisses me while I was talking. His hands are on my waist and I am so surprised that he's doing this. My hands are around his neck. Then he let's go and stops. He couldn't control himself.

"You were saying?" he says. I blush a little bit. Our first second kiss in public. Nothing is going to change though. I was still a threat to Jack and he might use Tristan as leverage. But I just wanted to let go and be a teenager.

"I know that you probably want to go back to your own life after this and I understand"

"I like killing people and ripping out their hearts if they cross me". It was one of the main reasons why Tristan loved about being vampire.

I started walking through the alley looking for a ladder. I started climbing it and he followed me.
I wanted to run and jump off buildings. It is fun doing it. Tristan climbs up then sits on the roof. I climb on the ledge. Wind is blowing in my face and in my hair. I try to balance my self. Then I do a flips on the ledge.
I stop doing flips on the ledge. I jump down. I dared Tristan to race with me on the buildings.

"I should warn you that last time was just a fling now I am going to beat you." he says.

"We'll see about that"

We both started running and jumping off buildings. A little smile comes across his face. Did I just make Tristan Stonehardt a vampire with no emotions smile? Everything is just to real . And in this very moment I made a difference.
We both made it to the last building together. We were on the ground laying down together looking at the stars. I smiled at it.

" Did you know that each star tells what kind of person you are. Me and my mother would sit on the steps and look at the stars. And just by looking at it and picturing an image it tells what kind of person you are". But I already know what I am.
----------------------------------------------------------------
The next day Tristan is in my bed sleeping next to me. His jacket is covered up on me. He probably assumed that I was cold and put it on me. My door was locked shut.
Tristan was talking while I was sleeping.

"I have issues and I can't control myself. There are days where you would ask yourself what your life would have been like if you hadn't met me. I never thought I would end up caring about someone more than myself. I never wanted to be emotionless. But this is what happens when I care about people."

I wake up and he stops talking. I didn't hear a word he said.
" I know right now you want to keep things how they are and I get that what's happening now is
... I pause. Claire opens the door telling us that Lucius is back. Claire leaves and that's when Tristan starts talking.

"Look Elissa your still young and trying to get out of this mess ". I held onto his hand but he moves it away.
"You don't have to hide anymore" I told him. I looked at him but he doesn't look back. Then he looks at me .
"It doesn't mean I will stop caring about you" he says. I shook my head.

"Maybe you will find someone that is nothing like me one day" he says. But I didn't want anyone else.
I get off my bed and walk out of my room.
I go to the kitchen getting a snack. Vick is sitting on the stool near the kitchen. I grabbed a piece of bread and peanut butter.

"So what did you and Tristan talk about" Vick asks. Claire's stares at me. She doesn't really like Tristan. She has this weird vibe he will turn on us.