Chapter 20

Me, Vick and Tristan are back at school . Kate Lucius and Claire are staying close by. I looked at the window the whole time. The School dance was tonight and in just a few hours late in the night I will never be the same. I want everyone to know who I was before the 'knew' who I was. It was a matter of time that I probably could lose my life. And die just a memory. Its what the vampires wanted. And the witches and werewolves wanted peace. But they're wouldn't be peace if there is a hybrid in this world.

I look in my portable mirror. Touching my fangs. They were sharp as a butcher knife. My bottom fandmgs were so tiny yet sharp enough to bite someone's throat out. I look at my reflection. There is someone knocking on my door. I go to the door and open it. Its Its Vick and Theo standing in front of my dorm door. I felt like this was going to be one of those interventions on TV. From the look on their faces they look concerned and agitated. Theo looked confused and filled with fear. His eyes never leave mine.
---------------------------------------------------------------

"Tristan is locking the front gates and making sure the Rogue, Sam, and Caleb watch protect and gaurd the school from intruders. But I doubt they won't let in Jack and his vampires" Vick says. She breathes as if this was the moment. The moment where everyone will witness my death or my  ascending. Theo was sitting by the window. He knew everything about me. Vivk told him.

"So it's true, your the hybrid and they're coming to the school. If we side with you they'll kill us" Theo says. He is scared and confused of what he wants.

" Look I'm not asking you to help me or battle everyone for me. But it would be nice to have someone on my side. No matter the consequences. Thats loyalty. But then again you're right Theo. I could risk the people's lives at this school for my own selfish reasons for what I can't explain. Its better I keep running away. Right now its a dangerous time for me" I say to them.

" Elissa if there's anything I have known about you is that your good. Being a hybrid is one thing but be good is another. If they want to kill you to prove a point then maybe this is the time you fight back and we stood there with you"
It was to risky to let them fight with me. Besides Tristan, Lucius, Claire, Kate, Vick and possibly Theo who's going to help me fight. Its only a few of us. And the people could go against me so they won't risk their lives and families.

"Were vampires remember and we always find a way to fight back" Theo says. After Vicks long inspirational speech. Maybe after all of this Jacks enemies could come out of hiding and finally be at peace.

"If were going to do this we have to do this right, meaning you have to come to the dance and blend in. When the moment comes you will know what to say"  Vick says.

I ask what about Tristan. Theo says he will be by my side watching my every move. I still don't know if I can count on him or if he can trust me. Two things that will probably never come true.

"Even if we have got this whole thing figured out. I have nothing to wear" I told her. Vick smiled and told me to come with her. Theo follows.

The dance was going to be in the castle in the large Arena in the basement. The castles arena was big in the basement. Big enough to fit over Millon's of people in it. That is were Tristan will be protecting me.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Theo and Tristan are waiting downstairs in the library. Theo was a dressed up in his tuxedo and his hair parted a different way. Tristan on the other hand was wearing a black Long sleeved shirt and black pants with black boots. He looks the same. Yet today he looks different in my eyes. Vick is walking down to the library. She is wearing purple lipstick with  black eye shadow and a black laced dress. She was into those kinds of things.

I wore something short yet appropriate for the dance. A blue sliver dress. My hair was in a  bun and I wore pumps Vick lent me. They weren't really my style. But I considered to wear them. My face was blushing by Tristan's almost smile and Theo's smile. I walked down those stairs like a princess. Tristan's eyes only focused on me. His face is so chizzled.

"Let's go guys" Theo says.
Vick was being escorted by Theo. He looked dashing for a guy who once hated me. Now were friends.

Tristan walks me to the dance. We aren't holding hands or anything. Once we reach there everyone is dancing. They even got a band to play. I always though vampire dances were so deadly. The tables were decorated and the table with food and refreshments we're basically blood, water, and desserts. Everyone was dancing. And drinking blood. Some were making out in the corners drinking from each others blood bags or flasks.

Briana stole Tristan away for a second. Leaving me alone. One of the students who go to the school Ingred wanted to make a conversation with me.

"It sucks having your date leave you in the dry" she says

"He wasn't my date and he didn't leave me" I told her while looking at Theo and Vick dancing to pop music together.
Ingreds date Anthony came back and they started making in front of me. I have never been more disgusted in my life. They way they did it looked like it belongd in one of those crappy romantic and horror movies.

I walked over by the refreshment table. My palms were sweating in nervousness looking at the blood. I acratch my arm while being addicted to the smell of the blood. The band plays a different song a slow song. Everyone is dancing with their dates and all I want is the taste of the blood on the table.

Tristan walks over touching my arm. He tells me to come with him. I go with him in the center of the room. He puts hands on my waist dancing with me.

"Lucius called Claire and Kate are by the school. Theo is going to open the gates for them. When Jack and his vampires show up." He says.

"I know"

"Is that all you can say" he asks. That was all I needed to know. Theo runs out the door with Vick. Rogue Sam and Caleb come in the dance looking for Tristan.

"Looks like your men are here, they bees you"

"I know" he says. Briana stares at me. Like she knew that Tristan would never like her the way he likes me in a million years.

"When you found out about me, why didn't you go and tell Christa." It would have been easier for him to tell the truth and live rather than lie and having them kill him.

"Either way you would have found out about you and kill you. There would be a new hybrid on the rise. And... their wouldn't be anyone else like you" he says. He held on tight never wanting to let go.

" I don't belong with humans, witches, vampires, or werewolves. If I don't belong in any category then where do I belong." Not even this school is cut out for me. I tried so hard to fit in there and here. Its almost impossible to be me.

" You belong here with me he says. This place is just as good here than there with you and me in it".

His hands are released from my waist and holds them out like we are going to play patty cake. My hands touch his. Mines are small. Light comes from. Light was his Immortalis. It was hot. But I didn't care. I was the light in his world. I look at our hands and smile.