Chapter 14

Claire made it to Harrisburg without vampire threats on the way. She is on her way to meet can meet Lucius. She wants to give Lucius is information of what happened while she was in the castle locked away in a cellar.

Jack was going to use the 15 students to get to me he needed three more and it would be 18. 18 students 18 years. But why? Is it for every year since I've been born. Or is it to use it as leverage.
---------~•~----------

I am talking a taxi to Harrisburg to meet Lucius. Being locked up by Jack was the least highlight of me week. I have missed my daughter everyday since being in that cellar rotting away. Jack should probably noticed by now that I'm gone. I was lucky to even live this long.

Gertrude and Jack we're talking about a backup plan. she is planning on using the Immortalis dagger if Jack didn't succeed his mission.
The 15 were training in his head quarters and if they weren't they were drinking my blood. I've been weak for days and not know if Elissa is okay. It was my fault I should have told her about who she really was. But if I did she would use it as an excuse to find her parents and I wasn't ready to lose her. but then again if she found out she would have freaked out or maybe even use her powers. It would have been easy for Jack's team of vampires to find her. But he wants to wait are ascending day where she will be at her weakest and yet her strongest.

What all of this is all over I can finally take her home where she belongs.
When she is ready to go out and be with she is then that's the time I will let go of her. But until now she is under my care and I will kill any of those who try to hurt her. I wait and I wait during the drive to Harrisburg where Lucius is supposed to be at least I hope.
I never probably will know where he is. He's probably trying to find ways to get to Jack. He has allias that can help him when the time comes for Elissa.
I just want her to know by writing this letter she will understand.

If you fight , I I will be there with you defending you and your honor. I may be a hunter and I'm supposed to be against you so you are my daughter and you're more than just a vampire hybrid. whenever you are at your weakest I will help you to be at your strongest. whenever you need comfort and loyalty I will be there.
Whatever anyone says you are more than a monster you're more than just an unhumane. You're the key to holding and balancing the laws of nature. Prove them wrong. Show them you're the alpha. And show them you will not go down without a fight.
I told myself I would be strong for you. And when you have a toe out of line I will straighten you out. All my love mom. I wrote this letter in case if Elissa needed guidance and encouragement if I died and I wouldn't be there to help her out.

I got out of the car when I reached to Harrisburg. I shouted Lucius name to the top of my lungs.
"Lucius, Lucius" I shout.
"Yes" he says.
"You really need to get a phone. If I shout anymore people are going to think I am crazy."
"I have one but it broke after I got here and a few vampires attacked me. Besides I don't need a cell phone. I'm everywhere even when I'm nowhere... To be found. You've escaped Jack and his vampires. He was going to notice."
I staked one of his guardians. He is going to hold a grudge.
" Lucius needs 3 more vampires and then when Elissa's birthday comes he's going to use them as leverage. He's probably using them because they know her and Jack doesn't know Elissa even looks like." I told him with his face looking concerned.
" I know they might attack the school shes in he says." You have to understand Elissa is the only one who can kill him. I cant. I am not the prophecy."
" Well when it happens I will need a plan B."
"What's that?" He asks. My face is paralyzed from what I just said. I am hoping he will figure it out eventually. Since Jack wants to use the Immortalised sword as his plan B. Then I have to take matters into my own hands.
---------~•~---------

"No freaking way!" He says. He reacts to what I am thinking in my head.
"You have to do this Lucius"
" Your a hunter, Claire your wholw life his been hunting us" he says.We may not like each other but this is a death matter. Elissa will never forgive you."
" I know. But you can't tell her." Its my decision not yours I have chosen."
He looks at me as if our were crazy. But I wasn't the only hunter who gave up his or her life to become something they're not or to become something that'll never were.
Lucius went to a telephone booth. He dialed Elissa's number. Her number kept ringing and went on voice mail. She did not answer her phone and it made me worried. Lucius says not to worry about it. Being at that school can make her a busy teen. 

"We shouldnt rush all this stuff into her head today lets wait until she returns our calls" he says. Lucius had to get a new phone. I was going to get one of those burner phones. What ever Elissa is doing I hope it makes her safer there than here.

I haven't eaten in days I look at the donut shop across the street and run over there. The smell of the donuts made me really hungry. Lucius is next to me. I ask the lady behind the counter to give me a glazed donut, a jelly filled donut, and a latte with ice no sugar and caramel. Lucius is looked at the hunger in my eyes. I couldn't wait to dig my teeth into the donuts. and drink something that hasn't been made by Jack or his vampires. Lucius paid for my donuts and latte.

He was asking me questions other than Elissa is the first time he's ask me anything besides vampires or Jack wanted to kill so Elissa.
"If you hadn't adopted Elissa would you have any children of your own? he asks. I know it's not the type of question you're looking for right now but."
The lady gives me my donuts and latte and I sit in a booth next to the window.

Lucius is next to me and I ask him questions.
"I know your Elissa's protector but we barely know you tell me one thing about yourself." His eyes lose contact from mine.
"There's not much to tell." He says.
"How old are you ...".
"I have been around since the dawn of times..." he says I have been here for almost a century."

For a century old vampire he was young and never grew old. I then asked him how he knew Elissa's parents.

"Sabine and Demetrius were my... friends" he says.