Chapter 3

— 5 months later —

Months passed and Izuku began to feel happy again, and it seemed to mostly be because of his new found passion of engineering.
He had long since finished his first project of fixing the old computer that now stood proudly next to his actual modern computer on his desk.

Since then Izuku had taken it up a notch, going from fixing old machines to taking them apart and making something new of it.
His most impressive creation as of yet being magnetic gloves. He could turn the magnetic pulses off and on again and he would joke that it felt like he had finally inherited his mothers quirk.

But despite of his passion for these machines he couldn't deny what was really in his heart.
Despite having tried to bury it he still yearned to be a hero. To help people with a smile on his face.
But for the first time he had an idea as to how he could do that, but he didn't dare say it out loud just yet.

"And Midoriya..." Izuku's home room teacher called him out.
"I'm still missing your high school applications, now I know a lot happened this year so I've being lenient but please make up your mind soon"

Izuku bowed his head and nodded, "thank you for your leniency, I'll bring it soon"

"Tch!"

Izuku barely wanted to pay attention to that sound, but he still looked up to see katsuki clenching his teeth, looking anything but pleased.
After what Katsuki had told him that day izuku hadnt wanted anything to do with him anymore, so that also meant that Katsuki had no idea about Izukus new talents. Though that would probably make katsuki scoff too, he just couldn't bring himself to believe that useless deku could be good at anything.

"Do you have anything you'd want to share Bakugou?" The teacher asked very nonchalantly.

"We all know that the nerd is gonna try out for UA and get killed. He won't even make it halfway through the exams" Katsuki laughed and as usual the teacher nor did or said anything to stop it as the rest of the class was began to laugh alongside him.

Normally izuku would have shrunken and tried to hide from the stares and pitiful looks he got from everyone in the room, but he didn't care anymore.
Nothing more they could say could hurt him more than they already had before.
They didn't even realize it.

In fact, this time around their bullying acted as something that pushed him forward.
He was gonna prove them wrong.
All of them.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

"Mom.." izuku stood in front of his mom with the black piece if paper where he was supposed to write potential high schools down.
"I've made up my mind about something, and I want you to know about it"

Inko was currently making the table ready for dinner.
"Of course honey, what is it?"

"It's about high school"

"Oh" Inko suddenly seemed very excited.
She just as everyone had tried not to pressure Izuku into finding options soon, but she had been so excited to find out where he wanted to go. "Do you think you know where you want to go?!"

"I know...I know i want to go here" Izuku nodded, but although he smiled he seemed nervous.
"I want to go to UA"

"Wha-" Inko almost dropped the plates but managed to save them.
"But i..I didn't think You wanted that anymore..."
Inko was thoroughly confused.
Wasn't engineering something he wanted to persue?

"Wow mom don't worry" izuku immediately felt bad for giving his mom a scare and not explaining it all at once.
"Listen I-...i still wish I want be a hero, I can't deny my heart that, but I know that's not for someone like me, so I want to do the next best thing...helping the heroes help others, so I'm going to enter the support course in UA" Izuku was beaming.