Chapter 11

'I'm probably gonna die' Izuku's mind spun with a thousand thoughts. 'This thing is gonna kill me'

It's funny when you're faced with death.

There's nothing more to lose than that, so you might as well fight.

"A kid? A student?" The person standing next to the menacing creature seemed surprised, having been run-up to, not run away from, by a child.

He liked people with guts, but nevertheless, the kid would have to die.

Izuku knew that too, but he didn't want to...

'I don't want to die!'

It all took less than a second for him to realize that he wasn't done. He wasn't done living, he wanted to survive this, and yet he couldn't hold out hope that he would.

At least he had given the others a way to get out.

Maybe he'd be called a hero for doing this.

Or maybe he'd be called a fool.

Izuku reached to his side and pulled out the one thing he'd never expected to use himself, at least on another human being. The only actual weapon he had ever made.

His sonic canon and he fired it.

He tried to aim it at the villain's heads, away from the ground where Eraserhead was still lying, motionless.

It seemed to work on the handy, crusty young man as he screamed and covered his ears as he fell to his knees.

"You dang brat!" He squeezed out.

"Nomu! Help me" he ordered the creature that abided by his command.

It was a mistake on the part of the villain not to ask the Nomu to immediately kill Izuku, but it was clear that this leader wasn't exactly as hardcore as they come.

Izuku used this opportunity to grab a hold on Eraserhead who still didn't move even as he got jacked up and dragged across the ground but the visibly struggling Izuku.

He was covered in the hero's blood and the scent of death nearly overwhelmed him but he had to remind himself of the reason why he had charged the villains in the first place.

Not once had he actually thought that he had the power to defeat them, no, if Eraserhead was put into this state then there was no way Izuku could stop them, all he could do was try to save everyone.

Unfortunately for izuku the crusty villain soon realized his mistake and sent Izuku a spiteful look before mumbling something to the creature that he'd called Nomu, as he did the Nomu focused its attention on Izuku who nearly screamed with fright, he know what was gonna happen next.

'This is it, isn't it? There was still so much more I wanted to do...so much more I wanted to say, but I guess... it's okay' Izuku resigned himself to his fate, but just as the Nomu came close enough to do damage Izuku was suddenly hit with a hot wave of heat and thrown backward away from the approaching threat.

"What?..." he looked up, partially dazed from the sudden heat.

His vision was filled with smoke, but as it cleared he nearly wanted to cry seeing who stood in front of him.

A red-haired guy, but most importantly, it was Katsuki.

"K-Katcchan...thank you"

"Tch!" Katsuki scoffed. "What are you even doing here you reject"

At that moment Izuku couldn't have cared less about his old friend's bad attitude, he was just grateful that he'd saved him from certain death.