Chapter 21

Soon after Izuku's fight with Todoroki, he was matched up against Iida. He has expected that match to be quite difficult too, but it ended up ending rather quickly.

Iida's weakness for his need for distance to get to the right speed, and with the speed had could attain at the beginning of their fight it was easy for Izuku to shoot a few rounds of one for all, creating wind pressure that sent Iida flying out of bounds.

Naturally, Izuku had awkwardly apologized to his friend who saw no harm in Izuku doing his best and succeeding. Of course, it was unfortunate that he wouldn't make it farther in the tournament, but he was happy for his friend's success.

It had all gone so much better than Izuku had dared hope, and he hoped that the teachers, especially the principal who would have the final way whether he'd be transferred enough saw how much effort he was putting in and how far it was taking him, but even with that glimmer of hope in the back of his skull he found himself becoming increasingly anxious as he watched the fights, and soon it was all too obvious that he would be facing Katsuki in his next fight.

Not only was Katsuki physically strong, but his quirk was amazing and he had a high intellect as well, and while Izuku now also possessed the same 3 categories of skills he doubted he was good enough to beat Katsuki.

Up until this point Izuku had managed to use far distance combat, but with Katsuki that wouldn't be so easy, he knew that he would somehow get close, and if he got behind him it'd be bad as Izuku was open there.

He clearly needed his shield and his goggles for this fight.

In a fight against Katsuki the goggles and their stored-up information that he had gathered over all these years would help him out a great deal.

The ways his quirk worked, the way he would start his fights, even down to Katsuki's most powerful explosion and how it hurt him to use it, Izuku knew it all, and some people would call it creepy, and maybe it was, but Izuku had been bullied severely by him and he saw it as a way to also keep himself safe after all Katsuki had used his quirk on him more than a few times...

"Young Midoriya, is everything alright?" All might whom Izuku was having a quick chat with noticed the boy going pale and he worried if he had a hidden injury from his last fight.

"Nothing I -... I'm just a little worried about my fight with Katcchan..."

"Katcchan?... isn't your next fight with young Bakugou? I believe his first name is Katsuki, not Katcchan" all might said, not only being confused as to if Izuku got the name wrong, but also. The fact that it was unlike him to call anyone by their first name.

"Right, it is" Izuku nodded, he had forgotten that he actually hadn't told all might about his past with Katsuki, he had only slightly hinted at the bullying but never given names, and he had never had reason to tell him that they used to be childhood friends.

"But I've always called him Katcchan, its a nickname...for when we...grew up together"

All might nearly the blood up at the shocking admission of past friendship between those boys, they were so different, all might have never expected it.

"How did I not know this?"

"It's not something either of us talks about a lot..."

"Well you should, I'm shocked, but..." all might was about to tell izuku that he was happy that he had a childhood friend in what would probably be his future class, but only then did he notice the grim look on his face.

"Young Midoriya, are you...are you perhaps no longer friends?"

Izuku shook his head. "After Katcchan got his quirk and I didn't he stopped liking me... he even gave me a mean nickname...Deku"