Chapter 7

Finally, middle school was over. Really over. And it was now Izuku's first day attending UA high school.

Stepping through that gate was even more nerve-racking than it'd been the first time, but still, it was easier, because this day he wasn't there to gain a spot through sweat and tears, he was a student here, and that thought alone had created a permanent smile upon his face.

He looked down at the map he was given, leading him to his class.

He knew that although this course was dedicated to engineering, I was still a high school, so naturally, they would have a normal classroom to have all their normal classes.

And sir enough he soon found the class, and from the outside, it looked like the entrance to any other classroom, minus the ever-present giant door of course.

When he opened the door he looked onto a flock of young people, all his new classmates, but a set of pink hair caught his attention, and it would seem that he was cause for attention as well.

"Fuzzy hair!"

"Uh, hi" Izuku greeted Hatsume as she ran up to him.

"Your name is fuzzy hair?" Another student sitting further back in the class laughed, although not in a tone that made Izuku think that he was a bully.

"No no" Izuku waved his hand, a little embarrassed that he hadn't actually gotten around to correcting Hatsume.

"My name is actually Izuku Midoriya"

"I see I see" the same guy nodded his head.

"Well Midoriya," Hatsume immediately started calling him by his name instead of the nickname.

"I'm glad you made it through the exam!"

Izuku smiled. "Thanks, me too...oh and I'm happy you did too"

Izuku was happy, he had never had a real friend, but he hoped that this....this class...this school, could be his new beginning. Maybe Hatsume would be his first real friend.

Izuku ended up speaking with Hatsume and another boy with chin-length straight coach hair except for a single cowlick that he explained he just couldn't do anything about, much like Izuku's hair was also unruly, and he finally learned that what Hatsume had referred to as her babies was in fact just a messed up way of referring to her beloved creations, but soon the conversation, unfortunately, turned to talks about quirks.

Hatsume explained that her quirk was called zoom, and she could see up to 1 kilometer away if she really concentrated, a real quirk to have for an engineer, she wouldn't need the magnifying glasses.

The boy, that was called Sana Hidaki, explained that his quirk was called shield, he was able to create something like a plasma bubble around any part, or all of his body, acting as a shield.

"What about you Midoriya?" Hidaki asked.

Izuku flinched, of course, he had seen this coming but with all the bullying he'd gone through simply because he was quirkless he was nervous, and he hoped that these two were better than his old classmates.

"You see...Uhm...I'm-" he cut himself off. It would be better to just rip the bandage off.

"I'm actually...quirkless"

"Wait really?"

"I've never met someone quirkless before"

The only reply Izuku gave was an awkward laugh.