Chapter 19

"Don't feel down, she would have done that to any of us" izuku said as he and Uraraka tried to cheer Iida up after the embarrassment that was his fight with Hatsume. If it could even be called a fight.

It was basically Iida stumbling across the stage while Hatsume spoke of the support gear he was using.

In the end, Iida won, but only because Hatsume simply stepped out of bounds when she had shown off everything she had.

"So...humiliating" Iida whined with his head in his hands.

In the next moment, Hatsume came in through the door to the room they were currently in.

"Oh, there you are Sonic, well done out there!"

"How can you say that!" Iida jumped out of his chair and pointed an accusing finger at Hastume.

"You used me like a show pony! I was humiliated"

"But I was noticed" Hatsume grinned, not at all fazed by Iida's accusations.

"How could you-" Iida began, but sensed that she wouldn't listen to him, so he turned to Uraraka and Izuku instead, "how could she do that to me!?"

"To be honest you should have known not to take that gear," izuku told him flatly.

"We wouldn't have"

"I trusted her!"

"You shouldn't have"

It was as if Iida deflated as he fell back down in his chair again.

"Look at it this way Iida, everyone fights differently, some with force like Katcchan, some with speed like you, some with mind manipulation like Shinsou, and some fight with their smarts, like Hatsume" Izuku tried to explain to the best of his abilities.

Iida lifted his head, looking tired.

"Yes I know that...but I won! It would have been easier to accept had she won! Instead, I look like I'm the one least deserving of my spot in this festival!"

"I have no interest in winning this festival" Hatsume chimed in.

"So much is obvious!"

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

As the battles continued izuku continued to take notes on everyone and each of their fighting styles.

He was almost focusing more on that than how the battles actually turned out, but then when Izuku later leaned to tell Uraraka something he could see that she wasn't on the balcony.

"Where did Uraraka go?" He asked.

"Her battle with Bakugou is next so I think she left to prepare, ribbit"

Izuku froze.

This was the battle he had dreaded.

Katsuki was strong, and so was Uraraka of course, but she needed a really solid plan just to get through his defense.

He felt bad. He'd been too caught up in taking notes of the battles that he hadn't even noticed when one of his best friends left.

He knew Uraraka, she would be smiling but she would be nervous.

The rest of the current battle didn't mean anything to Izuku at that point, s0 he sighed and stood u, going off to find his friends so he could give her the encouragement she needed before going out there.

Just as Izuku was about to leave he heard another voice, this one much colder, "you should really start preparing too instead of worrying about your friends"