Chapter 14

He'd eaten the hair but izuku didn't feel very different, all might have told him that his body needed to digest it first so it wouldn't take some hours before the quirk was truly a part of him, but all might also told him to come to meet him before school started the next day, very early but izuku had a feeling that it would be dangerous too to school with a new quirk, having no idea what could set it off.

He wouldn't want to accidentally hurt anyone, especially one of his friends.

So the next day izuku wobbled down to the beach still half asleep when all might shook him awake right there telling him that he really needed to learn how to drink coffee.

"Young Midoriya get yourself together"

"Sorry..." izuku yawned for a good 10 seconds.

"Perhaps I should have just told you to skip school today"

At this Izuku seemed to wake up completely, "no! If I need to get transferred I can't slack off, it'll take a lot of work, I've read that it's very rare that they let people transfer, the last case I read about was in 2008 where adsjnosfnn" suddenly izuku become incoherent as he started muttering.

"Young Midoriya, not now...hey!"

"Ah! Sorry! So, you called me here this early because..."

"It's gonna be the quick version, but I want you to understand how this quirk works"

"Just as I thought, I wasn't completely comfortable going to school knowing nothing about this either"

"That's good, now how to explain this?"

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

"I don't think I'm a very good teacher" all might sighed as he sat in the sand looking defeated, he had tried to explain as well as he could but still here izuku stood with a broken finger.

"It's fine all might, I probably just need to try again"

"Noooo!" All might stood up and stopped izuku before he could hurt himself anymore, it doesn't help just doing the same thing over and over, if this didn't work then it's got to be specific.

"Did you not get hurt the first time you used it all might?" Izuku asked, a bit nervous that he was disappointing in all might's eyes.

"I got more hurt than you, but I sort of figured out how to not do that by using my instincts, I don't know exactly what I did to make it work" all might sighed again. "Alright let's try this, you know nothing about how to use a quirk, then don't look at it as a quirk, look at it as...a machine, what do you do if...if...say, that sonic canon gets busted every time you used it?"

That was actually a good idea, how would izuku fix that?

First, he'd lower the output of power to see if its own power was what was tearing it apart, that was often the case with weapons like that.

"Can I try again? I think I might have an idea?"

Before izuku had just shot off the power, not trying to limit himself at all, perhaps he needed to go down in power.

Don't open the floodgates, just a small crack, just let a little bit out.

He turned towards the ocean as he did before and shot a blast of all for one out over the water, but he grit his teeth as he clutched his finger.

"Young Midoriya"

"It's fine...no look, it really is" izuku held his hand up, one of his fingers was pure, but that was from before, the finger next to it, the one he used this time was just a little red, but not broken.