Chapter 23

"His quirk is powerful, almost reminds me of yours all might"

"And he seems to be smart as well. He's never had official training but he was able to quickly analyze the situations and move accordingly"

A meeting was being held amongst teachers of UA to determine if Izuku would be allowed to transfer, and currently, the odds seemed to be on his side.

"He's right, he's a support course student, which is nothing to scoff at, but he's the first from his course to ever get into the top 3"

"Would that mean he'd be better staying where he was or be given the training regiment of a training in hero"

"The kids definitely a hero at heart, and if he's transferred he could become amazing"

All might sat in silence and smiled as his fellow teachers and heroes praised his successor. He knew that if the boy was hearing this, coming from teachers that he had looked up to since he was a child he would be crying.

"Power loader, you're the boy's teacher, what do you think?" One of the teachers turned to power loader that had remained quiet throughout the entire discussion.

He began to tap his fingers on the table, thinking of the best response, but eventually, his hand went slack and he set out a deep sigh he seemed to have been keeping in.
"Put the boy in the hero course," he said. "Izuku Midoroya is one of my best students, he's smart enough to be one of the best support gear designers, but I'll admit that I've always seen his wish of being a hero in his eyes. From the first time that I met him he told me that he had chosen this path because it was the closest he could be to becoming a hero, having his gear save lives was his biggest aspiration, but with proper training, I hope he will take this wish into his own hands...saving others is the essence of being a hero, and he's got that"

It was an honest opinion from an honest and proud teacher.
He would undoubtedly miss Izuku.
He would miss his triumphant laugh whenever his theory worked out. He'd miss his happy-go-lucky attitude.
He'd even miss the chaotic duo that he and Hatsume made up together, but he was comforted knowing that if this worked out he would most likely work side by side with him one day as heroes.

Everyone took power loader's words into consideration.
He was undoubtedly the one in the room, at least as far as they knew, that had spent the most time with Izuku, so they trusted every word he spoke, also knowing that he wouldn't give up such a promising student if he didn't believe he had it in him to be a hero.

"Is everyone in agreement then?" Nezu asked, having overseen the meeting, after all, it would be his final decision whether or not Izuku would be transferred.
When every teacher nodded their head or voiced their agreement all might had to contain his happiness.

Izuku was getting transferred.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

"R-really?! You're not kidding?" Izuku sobbed as he talked into his mobile phone.
On the other side was all might bringing him the good news.
"This...this is great" he cried, trying hopelessly to wipe the tears away as new ones replaced them. "It's so great"

All might laughed, finding it amusing that Izuku was so happy that he had trouble finding the right words to describe that happiness.
"It's well deserved young man"

"Yeah...t-thank you, all might"

All might then told him that the transfer would commence as quickly as possible, which normally wouldn't be possible, but all might had cashed in a favor with the principal.
Nezu hasn't been able to force a transfer, but at least he could push it forward instead of waiting until after summer break which was normally the case for transfer students.

But now came the truly hard part...
Telling Inko.

Izuku hadn't been able to bring himself to tell her, and luckily his friends hadn't spilled anything when they were over.
He knew she would be worried, she was supposed to be...she was his mother after all, but he still hated it.
He knew just how happy she was that he had found a way to do his passion through a not-as-dangerous path.

"Mom? Can we talk?" Izuku asked as he stepped out of his room after ending his call with all might.

"Yes of course" she smiled so brightly as he followed her out to the living room where he sat down on the couch.

"You saw how hard I fought at the sports festival right?"

"Of course I did, though I was so surprised. I know you told me that it was a rare gene mutation that made your quirk manifest late, but I hadn't expected it to be so strong"

"Yeah" izuku fidgeted nervously.
That was the excuse he had told his mom to get around not telling her the truth about one for all.
"I- uh... mom, when I found out about my quirk I...I made a deal with the teachers at UA"

"A deal?"

"If I could do well enough...if they saw potential in me...they...they would let me transfer to the hero course"
The room turned quiet, with izuku averting his gaze he had no idea how his mom was taking the news.
"I impressed them...the transfer was permitted today...I just got the call"

"I see" her voice was shaking.
She wasn't upset.
She wants angry.
She was just confused.
"Izuku Why wouldn't you tell me about this?"

"I didn't even know if it was gone work out...I didn't want to worry you"

"Well I'm your mother, I'm supposed to worry"

"I know, I'm sorry..."

Inko sighed.
She wouldn't want to upset her son, she knew he had never been able to let go of his dream, so she shouldn't actually be surprised that he opted for this when he found out he had a powerful quirk.
"If this is truly what you want, I will support you" she told him, but then put a hand on top of his. "But you have to promise me you will be careful"
Her mind went back to the awful moment she had seen her boy get knocked unconscious on live television. His head had been bleeding and she knew nothing, and that was only a match between students.
She didn't dare think way a true villian would do to him.

"Of course I'll be careful, I'll do my very best to ensure you won't have to worry! I promise!" Izuku said as he placed a hand over his heart, showing his sincerity.

With tears in her eyes Inko nodded.
She knew that he meant every word, but she also knew that the life of a hero was unpredictable.
They found never truly avoid getting hurt. It was part of the job.

The two of them sat on the couch together for what felt like hours, talking about the future.
Izuku has mad already put a lot of consideration into his hero name abd costume, and who he trusted to design the costume.
Inko was surprised that he'd already thought of everything, though she knew that she shouldn't be.
Some of these ideas had roots back in his childhood.

Eventually it was late and Inko went to bed, and so did Izuku, but he found that he couldn't sleep.
He was restless, so he decided to write and tell his friends the good news as well.

Green bean (izuku): hey everyone, I know it's late but I want you all to know that my transfer was accepted, I'll be joining you @sonic and you @kirby soon!

Izuku knew that they probably wouldn't see the message until the next morning, after all it was past midnight, but when he heard a message pop into existence he knew who has written it.

Crazy scientist (Hatsume): well done fuzzy hair! I'll still track you down at lunch thooooo!

Izuku chuckled lightly

Green bean (izuku): I'll be counting on it

Izuku wondered what was keeping Hatsume up. Probably one of her 'babies'.
He would admit that he would miss goofing around with her in the workshop, but nevertheless the two of them would still be friends.
They had created a bond that wouldn't so easily be broken.

Green bean (izuku): Hatsume I have a question

Crazy scientist (Hatsume): shoot

Green bean (izuku): would you do some work on my hero costume?

A/N

I don't even know how many chapters are left...1? 2? Maybe?