Chapter 6

"Oh, I know honey, waiting for the results is terrible, but just so you know I think you're great!" Inko tried to cheer up Izuku who had seemed stressed, waiting for the results of his entrance exam. The waiting time also left him lots of time to go over everything he had said, and like every other human being on earth, he wishes he could've said something else, something more compelling.

"Yeah, thanks" izuku just nodded, not looking up at his mom as he sat with his goggles in his lap, adjusting a few things with a miniature screwdriver.

He was truly grateful for his mother, but at this point he just wanted the results to come.

If he had failed he just wanted that bandaid to be ripped off.

"Well I'm going to a neighborhood meeting," Inko said as she used telekinesis to float a blue folder into her hands.

There was a neighborhood meeting like that once every month so izuku was both used to it and fine with it so he just nodded in reply as his mother then left, but what he didn't know was that when Inko stepped out to the front door she saw a letter on the ground, having been pushed through the letter slot.

She picked it up to take a quick look but had prepared to put it to the side until she got back home, but then she saw that iconic symbol on the involute and gasped before bursting back into the living room where izuku was startled when his mother fell to her knees and waved a letter in front of her face.

"It came, it came izuku, it's here! The test results...from UA"

Izuku stared blankly at the letter for a few moments before he began to freak out as much as his mom.

"W-what do I do?!" He asked. It was a stupid question, but at that moment he was overcome with just about a thousand feelings.

"O-open it! Open it.." Inko did her best to calm down, for her son's sake as she handed him the letter.

Once again izuku stared at it, feeling a lump in his throat.

"Do you want to read it alone?" Inko asked, and when izuku nodded she completely understood.

She wouldn't have wanted her mother breathing down her neck either, so izuku went to his room as Inko paced, anxiously waiting for izuku to step out and tell her if he'd gotten in, which she sure hoped he had.

Izuku sat by his desk, his hands shaking as he opened the letter.

There was a piece of paper and a metal ring of some sort, but before izuku could even open the piece of paper the metal ring glowed and cast a hologram up in front of him, startling him.

In the hologram power loader stood, smiling.

That had to be a good sign.

It was.

Izuku spoke back and forth with power loader for only a couple of minutes, but one thing was for sure.

"I passed" izuku said as he opened the door where his mother had paused her pacing.

He had tears of happiness in his eyes and soon Inko also bawled and hugged him.

He had done it.

He'd gotten into the school in japan with the lowest acceptance rate, but most importantly, he had taken a huge step towards his dream.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

The day after the next day izuku was called into his teacher's office but halted in the doorway when he saw Katsuki in there. For just a split second he thought that his teacher would finally address the bullying, but that thought was immediately dismissed.