Chapter 18

"I'm a ghost?!" All might freaked out after Izuku had told him of the strange shadows he saw when he was brainwashed by Shinsou, one of which. Had a striking resemblance to all might in his true form.

"That's so scary"

"You mean you don't know either!?" Izuku freaked out just as much as his mentor did.

He had hoped that all might had answers for him, that he could perhaps explain how he had used one for all completely unaware while not even able to move on his own accord.

All might sighed as he ran a hand through his golden disheveled hair.

"Actually I had a dream sort of like that when I first inherited one for all, and my master explained that she had experienced the same. My guess is that it's the lingering presence of everyone that has cultivated the quirk through the years. You said there were seven shadows? That adds up"

"I guess that would make sense" izuku agreed as he looked down at his previously broken finger.

After the fight, izuku had gone to the infirmary where the recovery girl healed his broken finger and then scolded all might for letting the boy do harm to himself. Apparently, she knew the secret of one for all, so all might and izuku had been able to explain that it was a fluke and hopefully wouldn't happen again.

"I wonder if ill ever see something like that"

"Maybe you will, maybe you won't. Only time will tell these sorts of things, but on another note well done in winning your fight"

"Uhuh..." izuku nodded.

"What? You don't seem as happy as I would expect you to be"

"Yeah it's..." izuku sighed. "I'm so happy that I won and then I get more time to prove myself...but...Shinsou said something that made me feel really bad"

"Young Midoriya, everything he said was just a tactic to get you to answer so he could brainwash you again, don't take it to heart"

"Yeah, but that's not what I mean..."

"What was it then?"

"I think he was fighting for the same reason as me"

"The same reason?"

Izuku nodded and only then looked into All might's sunken eyes.

"I think Shinsou wanted to be a hero too...he said this was his only chance at becoming one"

"Ah... I see, unfortunately, there's a lot of those that failed the entrance exam to the hero course and were forced to change paths. Some accept that, but others continue to wish that things could be different it seems that young Shinsou was of that lot"

"Do I even deserve this?..."

"What's this now? Why are you thinking like that?"

Izuku didn't say anything, but instead just looked down.

He was so happy and grateful to be the holder of one for all, it was a gift, a privilege even, but could t be considered cheating?

There were others that never gave up as he did...

Surely there was someone more deserving than him.

"Even though you were not born with this power it is yours. You've gone through the trials of life and you've learned from them. You're the one I chose to be the next symbol of peace because you have the heart for it... I started out like you too, but would you say that I don't deserve my greatness" all might decided to target his fanboy heart.