Chapter 9

— 2 weeks later —

The first sound of the day was an explosion emitting from the workshop belonging to the first year support course students of UA, and everyone that had any knowledge of that class could already guess who was to blame, none more than their teacher who had turned his back for just 5 seconds.

"HATSUME!!"

At the far end of the workshop stood Hatsume, as well as Izuku, both covered head to toe in ashes, a result of another one of Hatsume's failed creations blowing up one of their faces.

Honestly izuku no longer knew why he agreed to help her out when he knew this was what was going to happen most of the time. He was just glad he was wearing goggles.

"Well now I know I just need to replace it with-" Hatsume began to mumble in glee, having apparently realized the fault with her creation.

However, power loader really didn't have enough of a temper to listen to her, and instead, he did what he usually did...

He grounded her.

The way Hatsume would be grounded would be that she wouldn't be permitted to enter the workshop for however one power loader saw it necessary, usually a day or a few hours, however, this wasn't always a problem for Hatsume as she would use this time to analyze her problem and think of the best ways to correct it and this was one of those days she was gonna do just that.

"Midoriya!" Power loader now focused his attention on the ash-covered Afro boy that was in the middle of trading to wash the ash oof of the lenses of his goggles, however as his name was called he stiffened and straightened his back as he turned to his teacher.

"Get back to work on your own stuff" the power loader simply sighed.

He knew that Izuku wasn't trying to get on anyone's nerves or do anything wrong, he was. Just too good of a guy to deny it when Hatsume asked for his assistance no matter how ridiculous the project was.

"Y-yes sir!" izuku nodded and went back to. Where he had left his own stuff when he went to help Hatsume.

Izuku was still working hard on the creation that had seemed to get him in in the first place, and now it was severely upgraded, having added more facts and notes and facial recognition to villains, even small-time thugs he'd only seen on tv once. Anything that could make a difference, no matter how small or insignificant in others' eyes.

But that was far from the only project that izuku had going.

Unfortunately, although he didn't like the thought of really hurting anyone he'd been advised to make something that could support the hero while in battle, and so he was a sonic weapon. It wasn't anything to kill or injure, rather the highly sonic sounds the weapon emitted would render normal people incapacitated and would even make some faint.

They'd probably suffer from a headache for a few hours afterward, but other than that there would be no long-term effects on the victim.

Villain or hero, izuku really didn't want to ever have to kill anyone, whether directly or indirectly.

OoOoOoOoOoOoO

"That's so very honorable of you Midoriya! I too strive to never take a life!" Iida, whom Izuku had just explained his views to praised him.

It had become routine for Izuku and Hatsume to eat dinner along with Iida and Uraraka, even Hatsume had begun to chime into the conversations, truly acting like herself.

Although Uraraka and Iida never understood what all that technical talk meant they respected both support course students very much for putting such effort in, after all, they both knew that without engineers to make their gear and suits they'd be in a lot more danger out in the field when it became time for that.