◍4

3 Years later

Suyoung's P.O.V

"Ah such a nice morning" I sighed and folded my arms standing near the window as the cool breeze hit my face.

"AHHHHHH!!!!"

I heard Heejin shout from the kitchen and I knew she fucked up again.

"AH HEEJIN WHAT THE- THAT WAS THE NEW DINNER SET BITCH" I scolded her and ran towards the broken pieces of the very expensive dishes which I bought the last day.

"You're rich buy one again- I MEAN IT'S MY FAULT-" she dropped her head down and stood at the corner like a lost puppy when I glared at her.

"Hello- oh damn looks like Heejin messed up again" Eunbi said rushing inside the kitchen.

"You! Listen up, I want the whole kitchen clean after we come back from the meeting, think it as a compensation for breaking my expensive dinner utensils" I pointed at Heejin and instructed.

"Eunbi where's Jackson?" I asked as we walked out of the kitchen together.

"Oh he said he went to meet a friend...Mark I guess-" she shrugged.

"Mark is the only friend he has in California of course" I rolled my eyes.

"I've heard he was Jackson's ex-boyfriend too?" she frowned.

"Pfft how do you know" I laughed out looking at her face.

"Tzuyu told me, not like I'm jealous" she pouted.

"By the way how is everything related to the wedding going on?" I asked smiling at her.

"The only thing which has been planned out is the date" she huffed, "I don't think Jackson even talked to the wedding planner".

"Chill you guys have time, enjoy Californian air, we're going back to Seoul in a week eitherways" I sighed.

"You think Vernon can take care of everything here?" Eunbi asked and I nodded, afterall he was one of our trusted employees and of course Jackson's very close friend.

"I wanna take care of everything related to your wedding, I've been waiting for this day all my life" I chuckled.

"Right" she chuckled too.

After talking to Eunbi for quite a while, I got ready and grabbed all the important files and by then Heejin cleaned the floor too.

"Everything ready? Did you take the files?" I asked her trying to make sure that everything was alright.

"Yes, we all set to go!" she answered excitedly.

"Keys?"

"Keys yeah-"

"Heejin where are the keys-"

"Did you drink water? No? I'm gonna bring a glass of water" she smiled awkwardly.

"HEEJIN! DID YOU-"

"FOUND THEM! FOUND THEM!" she breathed heavily and held up the keys taking them out from her bag.

"Let's go" I side-eyed her and walked out.

"Take care girls! Have a nice day" I heard Eunbi wishing us from the living room.

The breeze that day felt different, something which I couldn't describe, it made me feel free from all responsibilities, stress and of course memories, everything was going perfectly in California as it should be...or was it really?...

As usual me and Heejin had our long daily conversation while driving towards our destination. Living with her was just like living with Yeri...in fact Heejin for sure reminded me of Yeri. Not like I didn't miss her...but I barely got enough time to think about others.

"Yeah so that's all we had to discuss about the company, make sure everything goes well while we're not here and Suyo- eh? Suyoung?!" Heejin whispered, nudging me softly.

"Did you zone out again?" she asked and I shook my head, denying the obvious.

"Thank you, you all may leave now" I stood up and informed the board of directors with a fake smile.

Heejin exhaled heavily and looked at me, "I don't understand what's the deal with you sometimes".

"There's no deal with me, I just zoned out okay-" I frowned avoiding looking at her.

"And that happens often? Suyoung don't you think you're torturing yourself, just let the thoughts out, ever since your parents forced you to move on, you've been taking it hard on yourself and you don't even talk it out with me" she scolded me softly.

"Heejin, there's no point in talking about it, I've already left everything behind please, I have you now, I have my family to take care of and maybe after some days I would have to take care of your children too" I laughed loudly watching her get flustered, "And I don't wanna focus on anything else" I shook my head expressing my discomfort.

"You sound so much like a Grandma" she chuckled, "No but I'm serious, try contacting your friends, you don't deserve a life like this Suyoung" she said with a serious tone this time.

"Friends? I'm not even worthy of mentioning them, they did so much for me...and I just did something which didn't even make sense, but finally my parents call me a worthy and responsible daughter now" I laughed bitterly.

"Suyoung...I'm sorry, wish I were there to stop all those things from happening" Heejin said and held my hand.

"How much more do I need to wait for this drama to end...?" Jackson out of nowhere said it in a British accent which made him sound more dramatic than he already was.

"Your fiancé is waiting for you back at home and you're here eavesdropping our conversation?" I rolled my eyes.

"Naah just seeing if something fruity's going on here" he grinned.

"How was your day with Mark?" I winked at him.

He cleared his throat and walked towards my table, "We just spent the day talking about my wedding".

"Well you know Eunbi trusts me more than you..." I smiled at him trying to imply that I could possibly create trouble for him anytime I wanted.

"I'm not in this" Heejin rolled her eyes and sat on the couch.

"What do you want" he frowned.

"I want you to shut the fuck up and get me a cup of coffee from the second floor" I spat and got back to finish my incomplete work.

"Good day for employee Jackson" Heejin laughed.

"Not funny" he rolled his eyes, however he did what I said like the good brother he was.

~

"Y'all know, I just got to know that there's this popular wedding planner in Seoul, she is the youngest planner in the city yet she took so many orders and managed them perfectly-" Jackson praised.

"What's her name?" I asked.

"Oh damn it's your Mom dude" Heejin handed Jackson his phone.

"Pfft why now" he rolled his eyes and picked it up, "Hi Mom".

"Yeah Suyoung is fine and so is Heejin"

"You invited my friends? YOU INVITED MY FRIENDS?!"

The whole way, it was just me driving  lazily, Heejin sitting like a wax doll patiently and Jackson arguing with Mom. Thank goodness our apartment wasn't that far from our office...

"I wonder who she might be" I mumbled to myself thinking about the planner Jackson mentioned but later shrugged the thought off.

Apart from my schedule being a total mess those days, I was oddly excited to go back to Seoul and meet my family. Had been two years since I last met them and this time it felt more thrilling since it was finally Jackson's wedding!

"I'm not ready to see this change-" I whispered to myself.