Chapter 15

***And she sleeps in his bed. While he plays pretend***

There are still so many unasnwered questions on my mind. I need to talk to him. I need to talk to Louis.

I immediately take my car, I don't wait for my driver, because I don't have time, and drive to Louis' house. 

The whole ride I can't stop thinking about what I need to ask him. I can't forget anything. I need answers. Now.

After a 30 minutes long drive, I finally park in front of his house. I don't dare to get out of the car immediately. I have to calm down first. My heart is beating so fast and my hands are sweaty. I'm nervous, I am afraid of what he's gonna say. 

After another 10 minutes of waiting, I get out of my car and knock on his door.

"Oh, hi Harry." It's Eleanor.

"Hey," I say. I mean I know she lives here, but I was not prepared for her to open the door.

"What do you need?" she asks.

"Ehm- is Louis here?"

"He's out, but he'll be back in a few minutes. Do you wanna come inside?"

I nod and she lets me in. We're walking towards the living room and we both take a place on the sofa opposite each other.

I've been in this house once, at their engagement party. However the house looks a bit different, there are no ballons, not many photos of them and most importantly there are no other people.

We sit in a silence and it's pretty awkward, but honestly I don't know what should I talk about with her. Like - Your fiancé was the love of my life. 

"Louis told me about what happened at Niall's," she says out of nowhere.

"He-he did?" I am surprised, why would he tell her about that?

"Yeah, actually he talks a lot about you," she admits. Her eyes are pointing to the ground and I feel like she's telling the truth. "Honestly I don't feel like he's over you."

I don't have time to answer, because the front door opens and when my eyes meet the blue ones, my heart beats even faster.

"H-Harry, what are you doing here," he asks. His voice is unsure and a bit shaky. He definitely didn't expect to find me here.

"I wanted to talk to you."

"I'll leave you guys alone. In the meantime I'll take Bruce and Clifford out," Eleanors says and dissapears.

Louis sits on her spot on the sofa and we stare at each other for a while. He waits for me to talk first. So I clear my throat and start talking.

"I've been thinking about what you've told me and I have a few questions."

He takes a deep breath and nods, so I continue.

"Why did you act like a jerk when we saw each other after 2 years." I wanted to know the answer, because Louis might seem like a tought guy, but actually he's a sweetheart. At least he used to be.

"Well, as I've already told you, part of the offer was that I can't be seen with you and when I saw you after that long, I didn't know how to act. I had no idea what you thought about me leaving you, I didn't know how would you react when you see me again. The moment I saw your eyes again, I had to act the way I did, because I knew that I couldn't let my feeling take over more than they already did."

Wait. Wait. Wait. What?

What does he mean by I couldn't let my feeling take over more than they already did.

Honestly I am confused.

"What do you mean by that? Do you still have feelings for me?" The moment the question slip out of my lips, I regret it. Of course he does not. Why did I ask? Gosh, I'm so stupid.

"I know that I'm not completly over you, because everytime I see you, my heart beats like crazy. I still feel something towards you, but I am not sure how strong those feelings are. It's been a long time since we were together."

"What about you? Do you still have feeling for me?" he asks and tries to avoid my eye contact.

Do I?

"I don't know, Louis. But you just can't tell me that you still feel something. For two long years I thought you hated me, you abandoned me. Now you have Eleanor and you guys are engaged! It's imposible. You love her."

I turn my gaze towards Louis and he seems to be thinking really hard. 

"I-I don't love her," he almost whispers.

"What?"

"I don't love her. I mean I do, but not the way I loved you," he admits.

"But you're engaged and you're gonna get married soon."

"I know, but we're not getting married because we love each other, but-"

"But what, Louis." I try to get it out of him. I want to know.

"Because if it wasn't Eleanor, it would be another girl. Simon wants me to get married and you know Eleanor is a good girl, we're friends."

"But that's not what marriage is about. You should marry the person you love and not your friend," I protest.

"Yeah, don't tell this to me. I know but what can I do? Simon is an asshole who won't leave me alone and the only person I ever wanted to marry doesn't feel the same about me anymore."

I know he's talking about me and it kinda breaks my heart. Does that mean that if we were still together, we would get married? Gosh, I'd love that. However I guess it's too late now.

"Louis, I don't know what to say, do or think," I say truthfully.

"You don't have to say anything. But I want to show you something. Please come with me." He stands up and goes to the front door.

"Where are we going?" I ask, making my way towards him.

"It's a surprise."

---

Hey guys!

What do you think the surprise will be? 

Vote and comment <3

Mary x