Chapter 23

***Apologies are never gonna fix this***

"Louis, what happened?" I ask with fear in my voice.

"We need to go to the hospital."

"Lou, what happened?" I am scared. Someone's hurt!

"Come, I'll tell you in the car."

He grabs the keys and his jacket and he's running to the front door. I don't know what's happening, but I follow him.

We get in the car in hurry and my boyfriend starts driving.

"So? Are you gonna tell me, what's going on?" 

"Liam called me and said we need to get to the hospital as soon as possible."

"What? Is he hurt? Is anyone else hurt?" I am afraid that my friends are injured.

"I don't know Harry, he didn't tell me anything else. I'm also freaking out!" Louis screams and drives past the road on the red light. I keep my head down. I didn't want him to shout at me.

"I'm sorry Haz. I shouldn't have shouted. It slipped out of my mouth. I'm just as scared as you," Louis apologizes.

"That's okay." I give him a little smile and we keep driving.

It takes us something around 10 minutes to get to the hospital. We enter the building and there is Niall in the waiting room. He takes us to one of the rooms for patients. I'm prepared to see Liam on the bed, but it's not him.

It's Simon.

"What the fuck?!" Louis screams. I'm not able to say a words. I just stare with an open mouth. 

Simon is laying on the bed, he has bandage on his right leg and left arm. His face is full of bruises and he has a black eye. There are also many scars covering his whole body.

"W- what happened?" I ask.

"He and his family had a car accident. It's bad," Zayn informs me.

"So you're saying I'll get a fine because I drove on a red light, just because of him??" 

"Lou, that's mean. He had an accident," I say. I take his hand into mine and give him a reassurance squeeze. 

"This person destroyed our lives."

"But that doesn't mean we wish him the worst."

I hate Simon, I really do. However I would never want anything bad happen to him. I'm not that kind of a person. 

"So why are we here? You said it is important. I thought something bad happened to you, Payno. I was freaking out," Louis admits.

"Aw, you were worried about me. You like me," Liam chuckles.

"Shut up." I see that he has a little smile on his lips and that melts my heart. Louis and Liam have always been fighing and offending each other, but I know they love each other.

"So, I knew if I said that Simon is hurt, you especially would never come. But you both need to hear this," Liam says.

"G- guys," Simon tries.

"What?" Louis spits.

"This accident opened my eyes. I was driving with my wife and son and we had a terrible car accident. We all almost died. Now my wife is having a surgery. I don't know if she'll survive and that breaks me. While I've been thinking that I might lose her, I realise how terrible it must have been for you. I can't imagine my life without her. I have no idea what you had to go through. I'm so sorry for everything I've done. I really mean it."

"Yeah, like apology is gonna fix all of the years of sufferring," Louis rolls his eyes.

"Simon, I'm sorry that this happened you. But how are we supposed to trust you and accept your apology after all that you've done," I say. I mean it's nice that he finally admits that what he has done was really wrong. However how can he expect that we'll just say 'Yeah, that's okay.'

"I know that I can't take back everything I've done. But trust me, I regret it. I really do. Also I have a way how to make it up to you."

"Go on." Louis folds arms over his chest. He's frowning and looks like he really wants to get out of here. I don't blame him. I want too.

"As soon as I get out of here. I'll plan the biggest and greatest reunion for you guys. It will be huge and everything will be under your conditions. And for you Harry and Louis," Simon stops and look straight into our eyes.

"You're free from now on. No more hiding, no more fake girlfriends, no more laying. You can come out however you want and I'll never forbid you anything. You have my word."

Is this really happening? Did I hear him right? Is he serious?

"Simon, if this is a joke, I swear you'll look even worst when I'm done with you." Louis clenches his fist and I see the anger in his eyes.

"No no. It's not a joke. Let me prove it. Tonight there will be articles about your and Eleanor's break up. And also if Harry agrees I'll even post the one about him and Kendall. It's totally up to you." 

"Yes, I'd love that."

---

We wish Simon to get better soon and then leave. As soon as we get home, I wrap my body around my boyfriend.

"I'm so happy," I say with a huge smile on my lips.

"I know baby and I'll be too when I see those articles."

I lean in and give him a little kiss. 

"Why don't you go choose a movie and I'll call Eleanor to warn her of what's coming." I nod and leave Louis in the living room.

I crawl into our bed and start going through my list on Netflix. After a half an hour Louis comes back.

"How did she take it?" I ask. It also had to be a shock for her. They've been 'together' for seven years and now, out of nowhere they're breaking up after their engagement. 

"She's totally okay with it. She even told me that she met someone new, so I'm happy for her."

Louis jumps into the bed with me and we start watching The Notebook.

That evening two articles are out. 

'Breaking news. 1D singer Louis Tomlinson and model Eleanor Calder canceled their engagement. The couple decided to be just friends again.'

'Is Harry Styles single again? Definitely. He broke up with Kenall Jenner. AGAIN.'

--- 

Hey guys!

Wouldn't this be awesome! I still believe that one day we will get 1D back and Larry will come out. However only under their conditions. I want them to be happy. That's more important.

Vote nad comment <3

Mary x