Chapter 3

"You should have brought your girlfriend here, Kookie. Your father couldn't stop himself bragging about her." Jungkook's cousin said, "What is her name again?"

"Lisa, her name is Lisa." His mother answered for him

They were all in the living room, having a couple of drinks to celebrate while talking about things but mostly about Jungkook's new girlfriend.

"She's also having her party but I'll bring her next time." Jungkook smiled politely then looked at his wristwatch "Mom, can I go back to Lisa's party?"

"Of course, we don't want to keep you here, son. You go to your girlfriend now." Mrs. Jeon patted her son's back

After he bid his goodbye to everyone, he drove straight back to Lisa's house. He couldn't stop thinking about Lisa being in the same room with the couple. He needs to save his best friend.

He knocked three times on the front door and it was Jennie who answered the door.

"Jungkook, I thought you're also having your party?" Jennie asked, deeply feeling annoyed to see the guy "Come in." She stepped aside to let him in

"I do but I need to save my best friend from your numb ass." He thought but chose not to say "Uh, I promised my girlfriend that I'll be back."

"Babe, you're back already." Lisa approached them "Jen, Kai is looking for you."

Jennie nodded after closing the door behind then looked for her boyfriend.

"How's it going?"

"Thank God you came. Jennie doesn't want to let me go. So tired hearing Kai's boastful ass." Lisa exaggeratedly sighed "Can you cook ramyeon for me?"

"There is lots of food here." Jungkook pointed at the food on the long table "Serve yourself, this is your party."

"But I'm craving for ramyeon." Lisa pouted "Can you say no to your pretty girlfriend?"

Jungkook leveled his face to Lisa's "I think Jennie is watching us. Continue acting cute and sweet." He said while looking straight into her eyes "Can I just knock her head off so that we could stop this?"

Lisa pushed his face away from hers before she laughed softly "You're crazy. Don't you dare hurt her."

Lisa brought Jungkook to where Jennie and Kai were sitting with the other guests from their school. It's time to make her best friend jealous if that's even possible.

"What are you discussing?" Jungkook asked everyone

"I was just giving them college advice." Jennie responded "How about you? Have you decided where you're going to college?"

Jungkook pouted his lips while thinking about that question "Not yet but maybe I'll follow Lisa wherever she wants to enroll."

Everyone turned their attention to Lisa, waiting for her response "Uh, I'm already enrolled in Seoul University."

"Well, Seoul University is where I'll enroll. Wait, you're already enrolled?" Jungkook just realized what his fake girlfriend said: "Why didn't you tell me?"

"It happened before we became official." Lisa shrugged "Babe, I'm really craving for ramyeon." She said in her cute voice

Jungkook ruffled Lisa's bangs before excusing himself to go to the kitchen to grant his best friend's wish.

"I wish I could have a boyfriend like Jungkook. You're so lucky." One of the guests said, "He's so sweet."

Jennie on the other hand was stopping herself to say something about the situation. She kept on questioning why she is irritatedly confused.

"Psh. That monkey is far from being sweet." Lisa snorted jokingly "Just kidding, he's indeed sweet." Then she turned her attention to see her best friend's reaction, hoping to see some jealousy but it just broke her heart when she saw Jennie not listening to her but instead busy with her boyfriend, Kai

Then they resumed talking about stuff, later on, Jungkook came back with a bowl of ramyeon for his fake girlfriend slash best friend.

"Why do you always crave for ramyeon in the strangest of times?" Jennie couldn't believe that Jungkook actually cooked ramyeon for Lisa. "Don't spoil her too much, you'll have a hard time saying no to her." She lectured Jungkook who is now sitting next to Lisa, arm wrapped the latter's shoulder

"But she's my girlfriend, I can spoil her as much as I want and why would I say no to her? If she wishes me to eat kilos of pepper I will gladly do it." Jungkook countered back "Are you jealous that I'm doing the things you used to do for her?"

Jennie raised her right eyebrow in annoyance "Why would I be jealous? I still can do that stuff for her even if you're in her life now. I'm still her best friend, that didn't change."

"Really? It didn't change? Because the last time I checked, Lisa was complaining about..." Jungkook couldn't finish what he was about to say

"ENOUGH!" Shouted Lisa that made everyone silent "This is my freaking party and now my boyfriend and best friend are arguing over such a nonsense matter. Are you serious?"

The two felt guilty for what they have done. Now the party is ruined. On the other hand, Kai felt like there was something strange about his girlfriend but he decided to brush it off in fear to know the real reason.

"Why is everyone silent?" Lisa's parents just arrived after giving food to their neighbors "Is there a problem?" Marco asked

"Nothing, dad. We're just tired and all." Lisa made an alibi "Excuse me." Then she left and went straight to her room

The two culprits of the drama tried to follow Lisa but stopped by Kai by saying "Give her time. You two really don't know when to stop."

They went back to their seats and sighed in unison.

The guests decided to go since the party did not feel like a party after the heated argument of the two.

~~

"Lisa?" Jungkook softly knocked on Lisa's bedroom door "I'm sorry for how I acted earlier. I was being an asshole, jerk... you name it, I'm all that. It was my fault for questioning your relationship with her. I was just trying to..." He once again cut off when he was pulled inside the room by the owner

"You're right, you acted like a complete jerk." Lisa punched Jungkook's broad shoulder "But... you think she's jealous?"

Jungkook grinned "Of course! What would be the real reason why she acted like that?"

"God! This makes my hopes so high where it scares me if this will turn into a total downfall." Lisa flopped down upon her bed "I'll agree now, just knock her head already so that we could stop this."

"Nah, hurting her is like hurting you too." He lied down on the other side of the bed, he's so used to lying down on Lisa's bed "Besides, this is fun. I want to be your fake boyfriend for a couple of months more."

His last statement made the girl look at him "And why is that?"

"I heard your guest praising me for being a sweet boyfriend. I get praises everywhere and it's fun. It's just feeding my confidence." Then he shot a sharp look at Lisa "I also heard you saying I'm far from being sweet. You ungrateful swan."

Lisa laughed "You're feeding yourself false confidence." She kid "Tell me the real reason why you wanted to last this thing for more than a couple of months?"

Though Lisa is afraid that the guy might actually fall for her, she needed an answer to prevent that thing to happen. Though she once wished their fake relationship to be real, she can't afford to lose Jungkook just because of their stupid idea of being a fake couple.

"Well, pissing your girl is fun. She wanted to murder me back there." Jungkook chuckled "Why? Are you assuming that I might fall for you?"

Lisa looked at the other side and said "Yuck. Why would I expect that? Your gay ass is far from my league."

"Well, I'm glad to hear that because I'm hoping to meet hot guys in Seoul University."

~~

-Justine