Chapter 21

Jennie's POV

"Tsk."

Why I am even watching them? What an eyesore! Why do they have to be all mushy where I can see them? Is he going to sleep here? What if they will do something... ugh! Damn it! Why do I get paranoid when it comes to Lisa?

Lisa was crying again. How I wish I was the one holding her, telling her that everything is going to fall into place but reality sucks, her boyfriend was the one doing those for her.

"You have a boyfriend." My conscience whispered to me

That's the fucking point! After that kiss, I can't look at Lisa the way I look at her before. She isn't just a best friend to me. 

Wait a fucking minute, is he fucking shouting at Lisa's face? No, moron, not on my watch. I run outside Lisa's apartment to save her from him. How dare he do that to Lisa. Who gave him the fucking right?

I pulled Lisa from his grip and placed her behind me "YOU!" I pointed my index finger at him "You, stupid moron! How dare you shout at Lisa!"

The shaking of her body in fear and the way she holds into me, makes me want to fight for her and kill this guy.

Jungkook's eyes went from raging to realization "Lisa, oh fuck, I'm sorry." he tried to reach for Lisa but the latter stepped back

"Leave before I call the police." I warned him "Don't you ever fucking show your face here!"

With regret written on his face, Jungkook mounted his motorbike and drove away

"What happened? Did he hurt you?" I caressed her right cheek "God, Lisa. You're always crying over him." 

"Jen..." Now she's crying again "How can I stop this pain? I lost him, Jen." 

"Y-you lost him? Lisa, what do you mean?" 

My heart is pounding so loud against my chest. What is happening? They were just okay when we left the studio. Am I crazy for wishing that my assumption is true? 

"He's mad at me again, Jen. I wanted to end our pre..." she bit her lower lip 

As my heart is pounding so loud it was so crumbling at the sight in front of me. She's crying uncontrollably. Her eyes used to twinkle and give shine to my day are dull and lost.

"I wanted to end our relationship but he refused. He said if I really want that to happen..." She sobbed "He better just disappear from my life." she shook her head "I can't lose him, Jen. I can't lose him. I can't." 

Damn you, Jungkook! 

"W-why do you want to end it, Lis? Aren't you in love with him anymore?" 

Please say no.

"I still love him." 

My hand automatically loosen its grasp from her face but she held it and said "But I'm not in love with him, Jen." 

~~

Lisa's POV

"WHAT'S UP SEOUL UNIVERSITY!" The host animatedly shouted 

The crowd went wind after that. Everyone is static for tonight's event. Even we were backstage, I still could hear and feel how this night will be lit.

My hands are shaking and sweating due to nervousness. We're the opening act. We should hype them to start the vibe. God, I hope everything will fall into place and will go smoothly.

"Everyone is excited for this yearly welcome concert for the freshmen." Rose is one of the hosts "Sehun, do you think they are ready?" 

"There is one way to find that out." The Sehun guy said, "ARE YOU ALL READY?" He shouted that gained blaring cheer from the crowd 

"Oh my god! You look... " Seulgi tried to think the word to describe me "Phenomenal." she finished

I'm wearing an all-black outfit; black cargo pants, one long sleeve fitted crop top, and high boots. Can you guess Jennie's favorite color? Yup, it's black.

"Wait, happened to this?" Irene touched my right exposed shoulder"Who hurt you?"

I thought they wouldn't notice it. I had a hard time convincing Jennie not to stop by my apartment, I was so afraid that she might see my bruise.

I gently removed her hand "Uh, just a little accident yesterday." 

"Stop lying to our face, Lisa." Jisoo's features were serious "Tell us." 

I was saved when a group of students who I think were part of the competition came.

"Lisa." Someone spoke behind me, that voice that used to be comforting is now scaring me

"Wait, don't fucking tell us that you're the one did this to her?" Seulgi slightly yelled

"Guys, can you please leave us for a minute?" 

"Fine, but..." Irene shoots a warning look to Jungkook "We're watching you." then they walked not so far from us, they were serious about watching us

"I'm sorry for how I acted."

I threw myself to him and released the tears I'd been holding back "J, I can't do this anymore. Please. Now that I see a little hope, I don't want you to get involved again. Every time I look at her, every time I remember how I acted when she broke promises my conscience is eating me alive because I know to myself that I'm lying to her. I'm the one who is being unfair to her, J. Please, let's stop this." 

"Don't be selfish, Lis. What about me? After you made me fall in love with you you're just gonna throw me? Is that it, Lis? Am I just trash to you?" He pulled away from the hug and held both of my shoulders 

"It's not like that, J. You know that's not what I meant." His grip got tighter that I'm sure it will be a bruise "You're hurting me, J."

"No, Lis! How about me? Don't do this! My father will be disappointed if he finds out that we broke up and if that happens... I'll need to tell him about my true identity." 

"You're not ready yet, J. You don't need to tell..."

"THAT'S EXACTLY MY POINT! I'M NOT READY YET! I'M NOT READY TO TELL HIM THAT I'M A FUCKING LOSER AND I..." His voice slowly faded seeing how scared I was "I'm not ready to lose you. If you really want to do this, maybe it's better if I'll just disappear from your life."

"You hurt me, J." I stepped back from him "I don't know if I'll be able to dance with you later."  

His eyes landed on my right shoulder "I'm so sorry, Lis. I wasn't in the mind. I was just so scared to lose you. Forgive me." 

"Not tonight, J. I don't want to bring Seulgi and Irene down that is why I'll allow myself to dance with you later. You're my best friend, J, you are the least I'll expect to hurt me physically. I understand how you feel but I can't forgive you for now. Tonight, we're strangers." 

~~

-Justine