Chapter 13

"Don't talk about Lisa like that ever again!" Jennie said to her boyfriend while they are on their home

"When will you realize that Lisa isn't the same person anymore? She got a boyfriend, got matured, and that she has changed." Kai knew to himself why he was trying to ruin Lisa for Jennie, he couldn't just shrug everything off

"I know Lisa, we grew up together, she's basically my sister and I know..."

Kai suddenly pulled over and faced Jennie "Exactly, Jen! She's basically your sister then why are you acting like a jealous girlfriend?" 

"Me? Acting like a jealous girlfriend? What are you talking about?!" Jennie couldn't meet her boyfriend's eyes "I'm not..."

"Yes! Yes, you are! You couldn't even answer V's question back there! All you needed to say was you love Lisa as a mere best friend but you couldn't! Tell me, Jen..." Kai closed his eyes and sighed to calm himself, he opened his eyes and looked Jennie straight to eyes "Do you have feelings for Lisa?"

"You're the one I love, Kai." With trembling hands, she cupped Kai's face and said "Lisa is like a sister to me. Maybe I overreacted but trust me, you're the one I love." 

Kai hugged Jennie and said "I believe you, Jen. Just please, don't make me feel this way again."

"He's the one you love, Jen. You're not in love with your best friend. You're in love with Kai not with Lisa." Jennie mentally lectured herself but at the back of her mind, deep inside her heart she knew she was just trying to convince herself with the lies she keeps on telling 

~~

"Don't ever do that again! I swear! Paris did something to make you act like that." Jisoo scolded her twin while pressing the ice pack bag to his wound

After Jennie and Kai left, the rest of the gang decided to go home to calm themselves and talk about the matter the next day. 

"Don't talk about Paris like that, Lisa grew up there." V managed to laugh at the situation "Noona, aren't you wondering why Jennie was acting like that?"

"Like what?" Jisoo stopped what she was doing, curious to what her twin asked 

"I don't know but for me, she's acting like a jealous girlfriend. She couldn't even answer me when I asked her in what concept she loves Lisa." 

Jisoo walked to the kitchen with the cold press and basin "Jennie is just overprotective with Lisa, Teah, don't give any malice about their friendship." 

V followed Jisoo to the kitchen and sat on one of the barstools "Whatever." he clicked his tongue "I'm sorry again, noona. I really crossed the line there, I should go to Jungkook's apartment to apologize." 

"You should or else I won't be paying for your apartment." She placed the cold ice pack bag back to the cabinet 

"I'm just curious, noona, why do you hate Kai?" 

"Well, when we first met Kai he was this nice and cool guy, we liked him for Jennie. Everything changed when we caught him kissing another girl in the club where we usually go." 

"What was Jennie's reaction?" Taehyung was now curious 

Jisoo sat next to V "Jennie isn't the type that goes to a club, the typical province girl. We told Jennie and gave her the video we took but I don't know how and why she forgave that bastard. Just like what everyone says 'once a cheater, always a cheater.'. Jennie even requested to not bring up the incident again and don't ever mention it to Lisa once she's part of the gang." 

"That's a pity. Now I know why your blood boils when Kai is around. Noona, what if Jennie isn't really in love with Kai?" 

"Aren't you listening? Jennie was crazy in love with that guy." 

"Whatever you say, noona. I still believe that Jennie is in love with Lisa." He stood up "It will take a while before she will realize what she was missing." then he left his twin 

~~

"You don't have to do that, J. I know we are pretending but..." 

They just arrived at Lisa's driveway. 

"What if that wasn't part of this shitty pretentious relationship? What if how I acted was real? What I'm slowly falling for you?" 

"What? J, that isn't a good joke. You know how I feel." 

"I know Lisa that's why I'm asking myself why I agreed to this in the first place. Why did I let myself fall for my best friend? I know you're in love with Jennie but I just can't stop my heart..." tears were slowly building beneath his eyes "I just can't stop my heart from beating for you. I keep on telling myself that I'm gay but I guess I'm straight for you." 

"I'm sorry, J. I didn't know that you already feel that way. You have no idea how many times I wished to divert my feelings for Jennie to you, you have no idea how I wished that you're not gay so that..." Lisa sobbed "So that I can forget these feelings for the person who couldn't acknowledge it." 

"There will always be a but, tell me." 

"But my feelings for her will always be for her. I'm sorry, J. I'm sorry." 

Jungkook got off his bike and pulled Lisa in an embrace "Shh, it's not your fault." 

"Now, I'm wishing again to love you instead of her." she sobbed against Jungkook's chest

"Don't. Maybe we need time away from each other." 

Lisa looked up to meet Jungkook's eyes "What? No, J. Please." 

He carefully pulled Lisa from the hug "We need this. I need this. I'll still be here but not the way before. Let me breathe from your torture." 

Lisa threw herself to Jungkook "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." 

"It's okay, Lis. This will be just for a few days, then we can go back pretending so that you can finally win her. Let's just tell them that we haven't sorted things out between us." He held both Lisa's shoulders, pulled her from him, and looked her in the eyes "Remember that I'm still your fake boyfriend and haven't broken up yet, understand?"

Lisa nodded "You're still my Super J, right?" 

"I'm still your Super J. Always be your Super J." 

~~

-Justine