Chapter 5

"What now?" Lisa initiated the conversation since the other was just silent the whole five minutes since they were there

"I apologize. I'm deeply sorry for how I acted. It's just that I'm still not used to seeing you with Jungkook. It's not really sinking into my mind." Jennie couldn't meet Lisa's piercing gaze

"Do you even consider what I would feel? I am your best friend, Jen! How could you do that in front of your friends?! I'm humiliated but mostly hurt because this is far from what I imagined. Jungkook is part of my life now. I'm expecting you to accept him just like how I accepted Kai even though it was so hard. I won't bring up the promise we both broke because of them so please, accept Jungkook into our lives." Lisa heaved a deep sigh "This is so confusing and frustrating. I thought you're already okay with Jungkook being my boyfriend but it turned out that you're still being selfish that really frustrates me."

Jennie bites her lower lip, a habit when she's guilty or has nothing to say. She was defeated because she knew to herself that everything that Lisa said was true.

"But no matter how bitchy you could be... you're still my Nini... my best friend." Lisa stepped forward and engulfed Jennie in a hug "Don't do that again. Stop hurting your best friend."

Jennie didn't expect that from Lisa. She thought that the girl would leave her without fixing their problem but she was wrong. She underestimated Lisa's love for her. She sobbed against Lisa's chest while the latter just embraced her tighter, not minding her shirt getting wet.

"I won't tell you to stop crying, that's what you get for acting up." Lisa tried to ease the heavy atmosphere

"I know I deserve this. Just hold me."

~~

"No."

It's been three days since their first day of school. Lisa and Jennie were now back being clingy and sweet towards each other. Lisa also learned that Irene is Seulgi's girlfriend and Rose is Jisoo's girlfriend.

They trapped Lisa against the wall leaving the girl with no choice but to answer.

"Whyyyyy?" Jisoo whined like a child, "Jennie always bragged about your great voice."

Well, Jisoo is convincing Lisa to sing for their band for the yearly welcome party for the freshmen.

"They won't stop, right?" Jungkook whispered to Jennie

"They won't." Jennie answered, shaking her head "What they want is what they get."

"Why not Rose? I heard her singing once, she's greater than me." Lisa reasoned out

"I'm the president of the Glee club so I can't." Rose shrugged

Lisa looked at Jennie to ask for help.

Jennie pulled the four from the poor trapped girl and said "Look for another student instead of nagging my best friend." She said to Jisoo "But it will be really great if you agree, Lili." Jennie pouted while showing her puppy eyes "Please, Lili?"

"There, she'll say yes." Jungkook laughed, "She can't resist that."

"Shut up!" She hissed at Jungkook "You're no help sometimes."

"Soooo?" The four asked in unison, hoping to hear yes from Lisa

Lisa looked at Jennie then back to the four "What song?"

"YES!"

After getting the answer they wanted, they let the couple attend their next subject.

"This is our first in the engineering building, right?" Jisoo wandered her eyes around the hallway