Chapter 9

"We should look for her now. Lisa is not yet familiar with the places here. Something might happen to her." Jennie tried to convince her friends for the nth time

"Lisa is street smart. She'll be back soon." Jungkook contradicted Jennie "You can't find a person who doesn't want to be found."

"Shut up. Don't act like you know Lisa your whole life."

"Okay, you two, stop." Irene stopped the two. "This is not the right time."

"Trust me, I know Lisa my whole life. Do you know what's the difference between my relationship with her and your relationship? We tell everything, we don't lie to each other, I'm not being unfair to her and most importantly I don't break promises."

"Jungkook, stop." Rose warned

Jungkook didn't listen, he continued, "You should feel ashamed because you're acting like you don't know your best friend. Do you know how nervous she was during her valedictorian speech? The person who promised her to be there, the person that gives her confidence wasn't there. Do you know how sad she gets when you fail to visit her during weekends? Do you know her adjustments when Kai came into your lives? Wait, do you even know how much she loves you? If you know how that unfairly-treated Lisa loves you, you won't do the things that will hurt her."

Jennie stood up and faced Jungkook "You don't have the fucking right to question my relationship with Lisa. I know how much Lisa loves me, you know why? Because she always makes me feel it. I'm a stuck-up bitch who always unintentionally hurt her but I love her. I love her more than you could imagine." There, Jennie's tears fell. "I love her so please, don't ever question my relationship with her." she pushed Jungkook with all her strength before she stormed out of Lisa's unit

~~

"Who is the bastard?"

Lisa looked up to see the stranger talking to her "Excuse me?"

"I have been watching you since you arrived here. I guess the reason why you have a long face is that someone upsets you?" The stranger sat next to Lisa

"Why are you talking to me? I don't know you."

The stranger smiled and said "I'm Taehyung but you can call me V. I don't why my parents gave me that nickname. You are?"

"Sorry, Taehyung, I don't know you, and I don't talk..."

"With strangers. That's why I'm introducing myself. Do you want to know my age, address, zodiac sign, or my birthday?" He wiggled his eyebrows "Come on, I'm not a bad person."

"Just like what a bad person will say." Lisa knew that V is a good person, one of the perks of being a street smart

"If I'm a bad person, I'll be the stupidest bad person to assault an innocent lady in daylight at the park with people around us." V joked

Lisa just laughed.

"Okay, treat me as a stranger. People say that sometimes it's better to rant to someone who doesn't know you. No judgment." V heaved a sigh "My parents sent me to Paris when I was 15 years old to study, I wanted to say no but I couldn't."

"That's Paris. I grew up there. What's wrong with studying abroad?" Lisa caught herself asking the person she should treat as a stranger

"Well, there is nothing wrong with that, what is wrong was I have a twin that I don't want to leave alone with my parents. You have no idea how nagging our mother, she'll yell the hell out of you until you obey her."

"I'm sure your sister is happy now because you're back."

"I just arrived this morning and I just found out that my parents kicked her out months ago. I tried to call her but she changed her number, she's not answering my chats in her social media accounts."

"Didn't you try to contact her while you're in Paris? Where is she now?"

"We always talk whenever we got the chance but she didn't mention her being kicked out of our house. The head servant said that my sister is living with her girlfriend. I'm proud of her, she got the balls to live without the support of my parents. The reason why I am here, I'm hoping that she'll be here, this is our favorite place."

"I'm sure your sister is living her life now with her girlfriend and once she finds out that you're back, she'll come running to you." She patted the guy's back

"I know and I can't wait to see her. How about you? What is your park story?"

"I'm in love with my best friend but she has a boyfriend and now I'm pretending to be in a relationship with my boy best friend hoping to make her jealous and now she's being unfair." Lisa finally opened up to the guy

"Unfair? You're the one being unfair because you're lying to her."

"Judger." Lisa chuckled "Let me continue. We fought earlier because she's being unfair. She broke three of her promises but I always forgive her because, you know... I love her. One of the promises she broke was no boyfriend until college but I accepted the guy. I didn't show anything against the guy because he makes the person I love happy. Now, she's acting like a bitch, she always makes me feel like I'm doing the wrong thing because she couldn't accept my fake boyfriend in my life. She can't do the same shit to me. I just want to feel that she loves me like how I love her not romantically but as her best friend. I couldn't feel her since she had a boyfriend."

"My opinion is still the same. You're still unfair because you're lying to her about your relationship with your fake boyfriend and your feelings for her but I can't blame you. But what exactly happened? How does she makes you feel you're doing the wrong thing?"

"She caught us in an awkward position. We were chasing each other and that stupid accident happened. The way she looked at me... it makes me pray for the earth to swallow me."

"She likes you too." V blurted out then he laughed when the lady looked at him in disbelief "Don't look at me like that, I know you like that idea."

Lisa looked up in the sky "You think she likes me too? But she has a boyfriend. She even lied to me and her parents just for that guy."

V stood up in front of Lisa "I already answered your question, it's for you to prove it." He offered his hand "Let's go for a walk? I know an ice cream parlor near here."

Lisa chuckled as she hit V's hand "I can handle myself, don't be silly." She stood up and smiled at the guy "Thank you, stranger."

"Still a stranger, huh? Okay, you're welcome, stranger."

~~

"You came back." Jungkook smirked "She's still not here."

Jennie sat next to Jungkook in front of Lisa's apartment "I still don't like you for her but don't hurt her."

"You're the one hurting her." Jungkook said "I get it, you don't like but can you please stop acting like a total bitch? I know you're not like that, Lisa won't love you like that if you're a bad person."

"I'll try for Lisa. I know it's too much but can you leave now?" Jennie seriously asked the guy to leave "Don't get me wrong, I know you're worried for your girlfriend but can you give this night for us? We can't stay like this for a long time."

Jungkook looked at Jennie, contemplating if he'll grant her request "How about your boyfriend?"

"What about him?" Jennie questioned

"You live together, right? Did you tell him that you're here?"

Jennie lit up the screen of her phone to see the several messages and missed calls from her boyfriend "I'll tell him."

Jungkook knew that Jennie was having a second thought about telling her boyfriend "Do you feel like cheating, Jen? Are you starting to acknowledge your feelings for Lisa?"

"Why are you staring at me?"

"Promise me that you'll resolve your conflict."

"I..."

"No, no. I mean, assure me. You're not good with promises." Jungkook teased

"I really don't like you." 

~~

-Justine