Chapter 14

"Where is Lisa?" Jennie immediately asked Jungkook when he arrived alone in the parking lot 

"Uh, the truth is we haven't sorted things out." Jungkook had to lie 

"Is that the reason why you didn't drive her to school?" Jennie raised her right eyebrow "Don't tell me you let Lisa ride a bus?"

"What's the problem riding a bus, Jen? You don't have to worry, I called a taxi to drive her here. I'm not a bad boyfriend after all." 

Taehyung snickered and everyone looked at him. 

"Apologize now!" Jisoo whispered-yelled to him

"Hey, Jungkook, I want to apologize for what I did yesterday. What I did was completely stupid. I hope we could start a new friendship for Lisa." He extended his hand "Please, accept my apology."

Jungkook looked at V's hand "You should also apologize to Lisa and Jennie. You assaulted my girlfriend and you have no right to ask Jennie such a question." then he accepted V's hand

"Jen, please accept my apology, too." V bowed "It won't happen again." 

"It's fine, I hope you learned your lesson." Jennie smiled 

Jungkook held Jennie's forearm and pulled her away from Kai. Everyone was confused as to why Jungkook was doing that. 

"YOU." He grabbed Kai by his collar "Don't ever talk to Lisa that way again. You have no fucking right to do that. You know nothing about her."

Jennie was about to protest but her friends stopped her. 

"Let him. Your boyfriend needs to learn his lesson." Irene said

"Dude, I was just trying to help you! What the hell is your problem?!" He tried to remove Jungkook's grip but the latter only tightened it

"You! You are the problem here. Lisa and I were wondering why Jennie's friends hate you but now I understand. You're a douchebag and an awful person. I'm warning you, my first and last warning, if you ever even try to attack Lisa that way again, I won't hesitate to dig your grave." then he pushed Kai 

Jennie then rushed to help her boyfriend to stand "Are you okay?" 

"I'm okay, babe." he said while fixing his collar

"What is happening here?" Lisa arrived "Are you fighting?" She looked at Jungkook then Kai "Is this about what happened yesterday?" 

"Lis..." Kai started "I want to apologize, I shouldn't have said those words to you." 

"I'm sorry, too, Lisa." V said, "This is all my fault." 

"We're good. Let us all move on and forget what happened. I don't want any drama." Lisa looked at Jungkook with so much longing "I had so much drama, I just want peace of mind." 

~~

The day was painfully slow for Lisa without Jungkook beside her. Even in the cafeteria, Jungkook refused to sit beside her despite being at the same table. It's just the first day but she's already longing for her boy-best friend.

"Okay, couple, we can't start without you two reconciling. Dance is about communication." 

They are at their usual place; at Seulgi's studio. 

Seulgi and Irene were about to teach the fake couple their choreography for the contest but with the situation, the fake couple is in, teaching them is impossible. 

"Seul, you can't force them to reconcile." Jennie said "How about you teach Lisa while Irene teaches Jungkook? 

Seulgi sighed "Fine! But..." 

"No, we'll do it. Jungkook and I need to act civil." Lisa stood from the couch 

Everyone was looking at Jungkook, waiting for his decision. Lisa on the other hand wished that Jungkook will agree. 

"I'm sorry but I can't. I'll stick with Jennie's idea." Jungkook refused 

Lisa tried so hard to fight her tears back. She was mentally cursing herself for putting Jungkook in the situation. 

"I can't understand." Taehyung voiced out while watching the four 

"What you can't understand?" Rose asked 

"Well. Jungkook accepted my apology but he couldn't forgive Lisa. What's his deal?" 

Teahyung knew that something was up to the fake couple but he couldn't pinpoint it. 

Then they realized the situation. 

"Maybe they fought over something else." Jennie reasoned out 

Jennie opt not to bring her boyfriend with them, she thought not to give Lisa any more drama. She smiled when she saw how attentive Lisa is to Seulgi. She has known her best friend for being a talented and smart person. 

When she saw them about to take a break, she immediately stood up to give Lisa bottled water. Seulgi sat on the bean bags on the floor with her girlfriend while Jungkook sat on the couch in front where the rest were sitting.

"Here, I know you're tired." 

"Thanks, Nini." Lisa opened the bottled water and drank "I know you want to be with Kai but thank you for not bringing him here." 

Jennie reached for Lisa's head and patted it "You're more important." her hand traveled to Lisa's cheek "I'm missing this kind of interaction with you." 

Lisa couldn't hide her happiness in her smile "Me too. I know I'm sweaty but can I hug you?" 

Jennie nodded "I don't care if you're sweaty and stinky, you can hug me anytime." 

"I said I'm sweaty, not stinky." Lisa pouted 

"Just hug me already." She pulled Lisa in a hug "Tell me if Seulgi is giving you a hard time, I'll kick her ass for you."

Lisa sunk to the hug didn't mind Jennie's remarks. 

"Still not questioning their friendship?" V whispered to Jisoo who was watching Lisa and Jennie from the start of their break 

"No, V. Jennie told us before how she treats Lisa. That is just normal for them." Jisoo whispered back 

V was about to whisper again but Rose came back with food and drinks from the kitchen.

She sat back next to her girlfriend when she saw Lisa and Jennie hugging "Aww, look at them. I've been dying to see this kind of interaction between them." 

Jungkook on the other hand couldn't look at the two. He knew his heart will only break into pieces if he will look. 

"You good?" V moved next to Jungkook 

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

"Why? Well, because you're not on good terms with Lisa..." then he leaned closer to Jungkook's ear "And you're acting like a jealous real boyfriend." 

"I'm not. Stop pestering me." Jungkook snapped 

"Tsk." V clicked his tongue "I'm free tonight, let's have a couple of drinks." 

~~

-Justine