Chapter 19

Lisa's POV

I woke up with a massive headache. I groaned in pain while massaging my temple. Alcohol is a bitch.

I was about to get up but I felt a weight on my left shoulder and there I saw Jennie sleeping peacefully.

How the fuck did she get in here? I tried to recall what happened last night but my stupid mind really forgot last night's events.

"Jen, wake up." I poked her nose, an effective way to wake her up, tested for many years "We're late for school."

"Let's skip just for today." She groggily mumbled, eyes still closed "I'm tired."

"No, Jen. We need to move now. I can't miss a day in school." I tried to convince her again but she didn't move an inch "Alright if you don't want to..."

"No, you can't leave me here. No one is going to school." She grabbed my waist tighter "Besides, you won't be able to focus on the discussion. I'm sure your hangover is killing you right now."

Hands down to Jennie Kim. She knows everything about me. I'm not sure if it is a perk on her side but I hate how she knows me.

Jennie fell asleep after a couple of minutes, I tried to follow the pattern of her breathing but my headache is killing me.

"Such an angel." I mumbled, staring at her face after I successfully freed myself from her

I want to bang my head against the concrete wall of the restroom, trying to remember last night's events. The last thing I remember was when Somi tried to kiss me for the second time but then everything was blank it's like someone purposely erased my memories. I couldn't even remember how Jennie ended up sleeping next to me.

Instead of going back to my bed after taking ibuprofen, I did my usual routine. I felt my nerves relaxing in the hot shower. I shut my eyes tightly and the image of Kai and Jennie kissing bothered me again, the reason why I drowned myself in alcohol.

Since we're skipping school today, I opted to wear denim shorts and a Celine crop top.

Did she take care of me last night? Is that the reason why she has the needs to sleep more? Did I exhaust her for taking care of me?

Why do I tend to give malice to everything she's doing for me? She's still my best friend and of course, she will take care of me but then my heart is convincing me that after the first kiss we shared... Ugh! Fuck.

I went downstairs straight to the kitchen to cook something for the sleeping kitten. I opted to cook eggs and bacon since I haven't gone groceries this week.

She came lamely walking towards me while rubbing her eyes. I tried to suppress my laughter when I saw her pouting.

"Good morning, Jen."

She didn't utter a word and started to dig in the food.

"How are you feeling?"

Still no response.

What the actual fuck? Is she fucking actually ignoring me right now? Fine, if you want to play cold-shoulder.

I lost my appetite. I stood up and went back to my room to change. I still can catch my second subject. I don't want to stay here with her. She was acting sweet, forcing me not to attend school then she'll do this? No, Jennie Kim. A big no-no.

"Where are you going?" She's leaning against the door frame

"School."

"I told you not to, right?" There was something in her eyes that made my knees weak.

No, Lisa. You can do this.

"Why would I listen to you?" I passed by her "You can go home if you want."

She followed me downstairs. I was about to grab my bag from the couch when she grabbed my hand.

The nervousness and the electricity of her skin against mine are enough to make my heart wild inside my ribcage. There was silence between us until I gently pulled my hand from her.

"Is that your way of saying thank you for saving you last night?" She broke the silence

"Saving me?" I asked confusedly and I instantly regretted looking at her

"From that bitch." She sobbed "From the girl who kissed you last night."

I bit my lower lip, trying to keep my composure not to hug her.

"We didn't kiss." I flatly said "She tried to kiss me but I backed away. I can't just play around and kiss strangers."

"But... I saw you." Another painful sobbed escaped from her

"We didn't kiss. I couldn't kiss anyone after..." I stopped myself from bringing up the forgotten kiss "Believe me."

"Why are you giving me the silent treatment?" She buried her face against her palms, shoulders shaking due to intense crying 

And that was it. My body moved on its own and I just found myself hugging her.

"I'm sorry. Please, don't cry."

"You were ignoring and wanted to leave me here alone." She sobbed against my chest "You were so ready to leave me."

"I'm not leaving, not anymore." I gently soothed her back and kissed the top of her head "I'll stay."

I'll stay even it's hurting me like a bitch.

~~

Jennie's POV

It was been thirty minutes of complete silence. The silence is so loud that hurts my ears straight to my heart.

"Jen, I want you to be honest with me."

Lisa made us sit on the couch without breaking the hug.

"Why are you so concerned with me kissing someone else?"

I shut my eyes. Contemplating if I should tell her the truth or not.

"Don't talk if you're just going to lie, Jen. I can wait for your answer."

My grip on her shirt got tighter. This is one of the things I love about her, she's been always patient with me.

"I still can't believe you convinced me to skip school."

We were walking back to her apartment after buying snacks in the near convenient store.

"You can't say no to me." I proudly say before bringing the spoon of ice cream to my mouth

"Unfortunately." She whispered but my ears still caught it

She groaned in pain when I smacked her head "Really? Unfortunately?"

"Yes, Jen." She heaved a sigh "I joined Jisoo's band because you wanted me to and I joined the dance competition because I wanted to impress you."

"Y-you want to empress me?" I looked the other side of the road, I can't risk her seeing me blushing

"Yeah and I also feel pressured. I didn't know that you were bragging about me to your friends." She laughed "Am I that talented to you?"

I pinched her waist "You are so full of yourself, huh?"

The day just started but I'm already wishing that it won't end.

~~

-Justine