Chapter 15

"Why are you here?" Jennie and her friends were surprised to see Kai waiting for them outside Seulgi's house

"I'm here to fetch you, babe." He leaned to kiss Jennie's lips

Lisa tore her eyes off from the couple. Jungkook on the other hand was looking at his best friend. He wanted to wrap his arms around her and say that everything's gonna be okay just like what he usually does but he couldn't.

"Lisa, let's go." Jungkook threw the helmet to Lisa "It's getting late."

"You're...You're giving me a ride home?" Lisa couldn't believe Jungkook talked to her and offered her a ride home

"Don't make me change my mind. I'm still your boyfriend."

Hearing those words from Jungkook, Jennie felt the jealousy again.

"We'll go ahead too. Bye lovebirds." Jisoo waved goodbye to everyone

"Bye, everyone. See you tomorrow." Rose also bid her goodbye

V just nod to them before they all got inside Jisoo's car.

"Lisa, Jungkook, please, fix it already. The atmosphere is heavy when you two aren't okay." Irene said to the two

The fake couple just nodded.

"Have a safe ride." Seulgi said then they went back inside their house

"Call me when you're home." Jennie hugged Lisa "Hey, Jungkook, bring Lisa home safe."

Jungkook smiled and nodded.

Jennie and Kai first drove off. Jennie kept on looking back at them through the side mirror. She wanted to spend more time with Lisa but their personal life couldn't let them.

Things are slowly sinking into Jennie's mind. Many things weren't the same anymore. They couldn't spend time alone after school. They couldn't sleep over. They couldn't share juicy gossip. The most important thing that changed was her feelings for Lisa. She knew that there was something wrong with her feelings but when she looked at her boyfriend, driving and singing along with his favorite song, reminds her why she was in a relationship with him.

"Are we somehow okay now?" Lisa asked Jungkook while struggling to lock her helmet.

Jungkook held Lisa's hand and pulled her close to him "I just saved your jealous ass. You were too transparent. Everyone could tell that you were jealous if they were just looking at you." He explained while locking Lisa's helmet.

"I missed you, J." Lisa said looking into Jungkook's eyes "I'm sorry."

"Don't cry." He unlocked Lisa's helmet and took it off "Why are you crying?"

"Because I hurt you. I'm still hurting you. I'm so sorry, J." Lisa sobbed "Forgive me already, J. It's just been a day and I'm already missing you so bad."

"You know it hurts me more seeing you like this. Don't do this to me, Lis. I need this time for myself because I'll go crazy running back to you every time I'll try to move on." He kissed Lisa's forehead "Don't be selfish."

Inside their house, Seulgi was taking pictures of the two and sent them to their original group chat; the one without Lisa, Jungkook, Kai, and V.

"They are just so pure." Rose replied

"You think they are okay now?" Jennie asked

While staring at the picture, she wants to throw her phone out of the car. 

"We don't think so. We are still waiting for them to kiss on the lips." Irene answered with a winking emoji

"I don't think they reconciled. They drove off already. Maybe they just talked. What a shame." Seulgi shared

~~

"I thought you won't show up." V's smile was big when he saw Jungkook standing in front of his doorstep "Come in."

"I brought something." Jungkook gave V a bottle of an expensive liquor

"You really don't have to but thank you." He stepped aside to let his visitor in "Let's go to the bar area."

"Did you have dinner already? Drinking with an empty stomach is a big no-no." V said

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." Jungkook assured while placing ice to his glass "Lisa and I talked."

"Yeah? How did it go?" The owner of the house asked, pouring Jungkook's glass the liquor he brought

Before he answered, he finished his drinks first.

"We need to talk before you go." Lisa demanded, giving back the helmet to Jungkook

"We can't do this over and over again, Lis. You're just giving me a hard time."

"I know I'm being selfish but I want assurance. Assurance that you'll come back. Last night, I couldn't sleep, I was overthinking that we might not go back to the way we used before." She gripped Jungkook's bomber jacket "Please."

"Your Super J will come back, okay? He just needs time to think and sort his feelings out." He pulled Lisa in a tight embrace "I'll get over you, then we'll get her, okay?"

"Why are you still putting me first? Focus on yourself in the meantime. Dad already sent a car for me to use so the next time I'll get jealous, you won't have to save my ass." Lisa was already assured with the words that Jungkook gave to her "I love you, J."

Jungkook wished that those words were meant something more to Lisa.

"I love you, more." Then he kissed the top of her head

"What are planning to do now? Avoiding her is impossible. You're in the same program and in the same circle of friends."

"I'm not really avoiding her, I'm just restraining myself from falling harder for her. You know what I'm talking about. If that will continue, all the pretending, the skinship, the unintentional kisses, I will just hurt myself more in the end."

"You think that will work?" He waited for Jungkook to finish his seventh glass

"I guess because when I first met Lisa during summer, nothing really was special about her except my friendship with her. This just all started when we started to pretend boyfriend and girlfriend. When I saw you kissing her, that was the time I accepted to myself that I'm straight for her."

"Well, for me, you're just giving the two of you a hard time. Tell me if I'm mistaken, part of you is still hoping that Lisa will like you back." 

"You're right." Though the truth hurts, Jungkook couldn't lie to himself anymore 

"Maybe because Lisa is still available. Though we both know that she's in love with Jennie but she's still single. What if you can do the two at the same time? Help Jennie to realize her feelings for Lisa while restraining yourself from falling for Lisa." 

"But that requires the hugs, kisses and all. You know I can't do that anymore." 

They are both on their ninth drink. 

"Do something that requires less time with her. Explore. Maybe part of what you feel for her is because you're always with her." V was determined to help his new friend "You already lost this battle, Jungkook. When Lisa told me about her secret, I felt her love for Jennie. She's so in love with her. You really need to get over her." 

~~

-Justine