Chapter 16

Lisa's POV

I just called my father to say that my car arrived and also to say my gratitude. He was asking if Jungkook and I fought and what happened to him driving me to school, of course, I have to lie. I don't want to worry them and I'm sure they will tell Jungkook's dad about it. I already put Jungkook through a lot and I don't want his dad to nag him to reconcile with me that will be too much for me.

I gave up after almost 30 minutes of looking for something to watch on Netflix. I'm too lazy to watch Riverdale's new season since Jungkook isn't here with me. Jennie texted me a while ago if I'm okay, I just simply answered yes and she doesn't have to worry. I really want our conversation to continue but she didn't reply after that, I guess she's busy or making out with Kai. Ugh, I don't want to imagine the latter, just the thought of them living under the same roof breaks my heart. 

I turned off my TV and went downstairs to check if all the doors were locked. Jungkook usually messages to check on them, now I miss everything he does for me. When I was about to go back upstairs, the doorbell rang.

"Who would bother me at this ungodly hour?" I said to myself then looked at the monitor "Jen?" 

I quickly opened the door. My best friend greeted me with her adorable gummy smile "Mind if I join you tonight?" 

I stepped aside to let her in "Of course but mind if I ask why?"

She was carrying a small pink backpack, maybe her things were in it "Kai went to a sleepover with his friend that's why I took it as an opportunity to have our own sleepover." 

I took her bag from her and we went straight to my room. I watched her as she comfortably lie down on my bed. I just can't help smiling at her, I always admire her and that adorable gummy smile of hers is one of the best things I admire about her. People thought Jennie was his harsh and stone heart person but in reality, she is the kindest and most charming. I know she was just putting up that aura to defend herself from being taken advantage of by other people.

"Why are you staring at me, Lisa?"

Just then, I was awakened from her charm. This is why I love and hate her at the same time.

"I just missed you." I lie down next to her and she immediately snuggled closer to me "Were you about to sleep?"

I was caught off guard when she rested her head on my chest. She usually does this but I'm still taken aback every time she does it.

"Yeah, how did you know?"

"Well, you usually watch TV before going to sleep, your TV is off so that means you were ready to bed. Lis, mind if I ask you something?" 

"Sure, Jen." I acted cool but I was screaming inside 

"What were the things you liked about Jungkook? The reasons why you fell for him." 

I was surprised to hear those kinds of questions from her. She never liked Jungkook, everyone was aware of that but she's curious about the matter involving him, well maybe because I'm involved too.

I closed my eyes and Jennie's image smiling at me appeared. "I'm not sure why you're suddenly want to know about this but I'll give you the satisfaction. There are lots of things I like about him, his smile that could light up my whole world, the way he protects me, he treats me like I'm fragile..." No, that isn't him, Jen, that was you who I was describing "But there is no reason why I fell for him."

"What? Why?" I felt her lifting her head to look at me but I didn't bother to open my eyes 

I can still feel her looking at me "I just felt it. The love and the fear of losing him." I really wanted to say that I was referring to her