Chapter 6

"Quelle coïncidence"

"What?" Jisoo didn't understand what Lisa just muttered

"Nothing." Lisa cleared her throat "Let's begin."

"You walked into the room and now my heart has been stolen

You took me back in time to when I was unbroken

Now you're all I want

And I knew it from the very first moment

'Cause, a light came on when I heard that song and I want you to sing it again."

Lisa felt her heart pounding hard. Every word she sings is like an open confession to her best friend.

Seulgi, who is playing the drums, took a quick glance at Jisoo, impressed with Lisa's voice and how she poured her emotions into the song.

"I heard there was someone but I know he don't deserve you

If you were mine I'd never let anyone hurt you, no, no

I wanna dry those tears, kiss those lips

It's all that I've been thinking about

'Cause, a light came on when I heard that song and I want you to sing it again."

"She's just perfect." Jungkook is also impressed by Lisa's talent "Lucky me."

Then it hit him. Why did he consider himself lucky when they are just pretending?

Jennie on the other hand has something weird in her chest. It was her first time feeling that.

"I swear that every word you sing, you wrote them for me

Like it was a private show, but I know you never saw me

When the lights come on and I'm on my own

Will you be there to sing it again?

Could I be the one you talk about in all your stories?

Can I be the one

Can I be the one

Can I be the one

Oh, can I, can I be him?"

"Can I be him, Jen?" Lisa thought while looking straight into Jennie's eyes "Why can't it be me?"

She tore her eyes from Jennie when she saw Kai wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

The rest of the song was sweet torture for Jennie and Lisa but for the rest is just a sweet serenade.

"You're awesome!" Jisoo took off the strap of the guitar from her and jumped to wrap her arm around Lisa's shoulder "Jennie didn't lie when she said that you're a great singer."

Irene turned the electronic keyboard off before joining Jisoo and Lisa "Here I thought that Jennie was lying."

"When did I lie about her?"

"When you said that she's just your best friend." Jungkook thought to himself

Lisa couldn't look Jennie in the eyes. She thought that she may have unconsciously sent her confession to her.

"Now I want to have a duet with you." Rose pouted

Seulgi excused herself to get snacks for them. They all sat on the couches. The sitting arrangement was Irene, Rose, and Jisoo, and on the other couch were Kai and Jennie. Lisa and Jungkook sat on their former seat on the floor to continue their review.