3.

I woke up at the sound of Michael opening the door, he tried to not make noise, but surely ended up doing the same. He changes his clothes swiftly and lays down next to me, snuggling me closer, he still thinks I'm sleeping, he's ridiculous. Like, he literally MOVED me to lay down in a cuddling position and he thinks I'm still sleeping. Okay, I agree I am a heavy sleeper, I wouldn't budge even if there was a goddamn raging earthquake. But this was different, he hadn't returned home at all. Neither did he call. He has been doing that past few days. Honestly, our last conversation was the one where we spoke about how I was going to meet an agent. We did not even talk properly after that. What was he so busy with? I know I said I wouldn't be mad, but this was all too much. I missed him and he just didn't seem to care. He only cared about his work.

 "What's the time?" I ask him out of nowhere.

"Jesus! You scared me," he chuckles.

"Right. So what's the time?"

"3am," he answers.

"3am?" I look up at him, though I could only see his eyes and nothing else, "you come home at 3am?"

"I had work," he mutters as he figures that I may be a little too mad about this.

"What kind of work do you do?" I demand, "It's fucking 3am!"

"We had to work, Emizie," he retorted, "I don't do this for fun,"

"Right?" I argue, "You can't tell them that you have to go home?"

"I did!" he replies, "It was just a very important song,"

"You just got back from the tour!" I flustered, "Why are you working on an album already? What about your break?"

"I don't know, ask the management," he replies bitterly, "Ashton can't be present all the time because Betty's pregnant, Luke is helping Amy to set up her new shop. Calum and I are the only ones who have to do all the work,"

"Then why can't you guys wait? Why can't y'all start when all of you are free?" I ask.

"Well, Calum and I are actually free," I feel him shrug.

Exactly. This doesn't matter to him. He's completely okay with neglecting me. Honestly, why do I mind this so much? Why is it only bothering me that we aren't spending time together? He is so casual about this. He is so okay with all of this... I'm so stupid. Literally, so fucking stupid. It's okay. He doesn't care. All he cares is about his fucking album. 

"Stop overthinking," he mumbles as he kisses my forehead, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it to come out like that. It's just... a lot of stress Emizie, I don't want you to add up to it,"

"What stress?" I ask. 

"Well, you see, we've signed this new artist - Jessica," he says, "and we've got to spend some time on her, like, you know? Help her with all of this. Work on her own album, and we're also writing songs for other artists, so I'm really packed," 

"Why can't someone else help her?" I feel the tears spilling, what the fuck is wrong with me?

He tightens his grip around my waist, "Nobody's free, they want Calum and I to do it," 

"Right. Great!" I reply sarcastically.

"Emizie..." he sighed, "Just give me a little time to manage it all? Please?"

"I'm sorry," I say and rest my head on his chest, "I don't know what's wrong with me,"

"Just calm down," he says and the yawns, "Can we talk about this in the morning?"

As if I'll even see you in the morning. But I don't say anything, I just nod and snuggle closer to him, and we both fell asleep.

***

This is so sad lmaooooo but it'll get better ahead i guess?!?!? HOW ARE YOU LIKING THE STORY SO FAR? I'm so excited to continue, I just really hope you guys like how I've planned it all. LOVE YALL.