Epilogue - 2.

*2 years later*

  It had been 2 years since I got married to Michael. 2 years since I lost my best friend. I don't know how to put it in words. Getting married to Michael was probably the best thing that had ever happened to me. Our marital life was great. Even better than we were when we were in a relationship. We had a lot of fights, and I think I would be really unrealistic to say I did not expect us to fight. Especially me and Michael? Oh no. We fought a lot. Since our teenage years.

But it was a great feeling. Getting married to your first love. Michael was my first everything. And he is going to be the last as well. Sometimes, I think how could I ever get so lucky. I mean, Michael chose me? And not only did he just choose me, he fought for me. There were times when things were so difficult for both of us and we still managed to get through it. Together. There were times when I did not even want to see his face ever again, but he was still there. Sleeping on the couch. Reminding me that he loves me and our problems will leave us soon. There were times when I used to be so desperate to find myself next to him and he would be on tour, and he would always remind me how he will come back. And how he loves me. And how giving up is easy, and we weren't going to have it that way.

"Emizie," Michael calls from the bedroom and I smile. He was awake. 

I walk towards the bedroom, "Morning," I chirp.

"Hey," he smiles and pats the empty space, indicating me to lay next to him.

"You haven't even brushed," I whine.

He rolls his eyes, "I did, actually. I brushed my teeth and then called you because I know how cranky you get when I don't,"

"Well, I'm not a big fan of bad breath," I shrug and then lay next to him, cuddling him.

"Well, I'm a big fan of you in general," he says and I giggle.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked him.

"Mmhmm," he nods rubbing his stubble against my cheek.

"Michael!" I whine, "You know how much I dislike this,"

He chuckles, "That's why I do it," he says, continuing to rub his stubble against my cheek.

"Oh my god, I hate you," I mutter.

He looks up at me, "Yeah, you wish you could hate me,"

"Actually, I do," I say, "I run all the Michael Clifford hate accounts,"

He rolls his eyes again.

"Stop rolling your eyes at me!" I giggle.

"Stop giggling," he makes a face.

"I thought you liked my giggle," I pout.

He pecks my lips, "I don't like it. I love it,"

"That is such a .... Michael Clifford thing to say," I roll my eyes.

"Hey! You don't get to roll your eyes. It's my thing,"

I raise an eyebrow at him, "Since when?"

"Since you became Emizie Clifford," he shrugs.

"Okay, then..?" I give him an uninterested look.

He yawns and pulls me closer, closing his eyes. I squirm under him, "Michael!" I try pushing him, "Wake up,"

"Noooooo," he frowns, "I want to sleep more. I want to sleep more next to you. Like thiiis," he pulls me closer, as if that was even possible.

The thing was, Michael, Luke and Ashton did a last tour. Ever. They chose to disband after Calum left all of us. They did release the songs they had finished. And this year, they thought they would just tour a few countries just to pay their respects to the fans for still supporting them. And now that he was back home, he was being a baby. 

"You know what?" he mumbles, still not letting go of me.

"What?" I ask him, kissing his cheek, because I felt the need to do so.

"When I was away from you, minutes felt like days. But now that I'm with you, days feel like minutes. You make life go by a lot nicer. You make the bad days a lot better. And I want you to know, I never stop thinking about you. Like, right now you're next to me, and I am still thinking of you. I love you, Emizie," he says, "I love you so much that the words 'I love you' just can't describe it anymore,"

"I understand," I reply, "I totally understand. I love you so much. And I hope we never ever fall out,"

"I don't think we ever will. I can't live without you," 

"I can't live without you, too," I smile.

And we just lay there. In silence. Probably, both of us feeling really content with the fact that we are together. In that moment, I missed Calum so much. My heart really hurt. So bad. I don't think you ever get over something like that, but I do believe that you heal. And you try to move on. You try to live. For others. For your own self. And in my case, I was living. Not because I had no other choice, but because I had to see more of Michael. More of us. I couldn't leave him and I knew, somewhere down the line, he still blames himself. And I think I can never make him believe how it isn't his fault, it wasn't. It was nobody's fault. It was just something really unfortunate. 

So yes, I did miss Calum almost everyday of my life but that did not stop me from living. There was more to life that was waiting for me. Waiting for Michael. Waiting for us. And I know, Calum would be happy to see us still going on. Still living. Still smiling. Still loving. Still trusting each other. He would have hated it if I just stopped living in general, if I just gave up on my life.

Michael, oh, I don't even think I can ever express how much he helped me. Even though he was also hurting, he helped me to get through this. He kept reminding me everyday, that Calum would have wanted nothing but me to be happy. So, yes, I think I am happy in general. And, oh, Calum.. I've got so much to tell you, man. So much. I will surely tell you all about it when I see you up there. Someday.

The best part of my story is that I never thought I could ever get someone like Michael, so let me tell you this, someone out there is waiting for someone just like you. Maybe they don't know it yet, but one day, your smile is gonna light up the room when it's three in the morning and they still can't sleep. Your laugh is gonna keep them going through the worst days, and your arms are going to ground them when they're lost in a whirlwind of responsibilities. Someone out there is waiting for someone just like you. And they're gonna love you  so much, and you're going to forget the times you thought you were unloveable. Trust me on this. 

***

IT'S DONE!!!!!!!!!! I hope you guys liked it. I'm sorry if I let y'all down, I really did try my best to write a good story. Love you all. Thank you for being such amazing readers who motivated me through my biggest writers block. I LOVE YOU ALL.