16.

I can't believe this. I'm getting married. I'm getting married to Michael! Honestly, I cannot believe that after 6 years we're finally deciding to actually settle down. I would have never thought about actually getting married to Michael back then. Hell, I did not even think I'd date him. Ever.

Calum enters the room, breaking my thoughts, "You're getting married, huh?" he smiles. But there is something weird about it.

"Yeah, like finally!" I smile back, genuinely, and hug him.

"Congratulations," he exhales and hugs me back, "how do you feel?!"

"GREAT!" I say, excitedly, "our parents should be here by next week and then we're all gonna start preparing for the wedding!"

"Wow," he says, "I can't believe this, Em, you're getting married,"

"I know right?" I bite my lower lip, "It's kind of hard to believe,"

"Well.." he sighs, "I broke up with Addy,"

"Why?" I ask him.

"I don't know," he shrugs, "I wasn't in love with her,"

"Wasn't in love with her?" I almost yell.

"Yeah," he says.

"You're such an asshole, Calum!" I yell, "She loves you and after all this time you suddenly realized you weren't in love with her? What's wrong with you? Since when did you start playing with people's emotions?"

"I actually did not play with her emotions," he looks annoyed, "I broke up with her the minute I realized that I don't really love her. I just like her,"

"I don't understand you," I laugh bitterly.

"I know you don't," he shrugs.

"I wasn't being serious! It's just that -"

"You don't understand me," he mumbles, "You're getting married.. to Michael.. wow,"

"What?" I stare at him, cluelessly, he can't... he doesn't like me anymore right? I mean, it's literally been YEARS, "You don't like the fact that I'm getting married to Michael?"

"When did I say that?" he asked me, "I'm just.. I don't know, Em. I .. I am jealous,"

"You still -?" I honestly don't even have to ask. He knows what I mean and he nods, "Calum -"

"You don't have to say anything, I know you friendzoned me long ago," he jokes.

"Calum, it's not that, it's just.. " I don't know what to say, I feel really bad. He still likes me?

"Em, I just wanted to tell you that Michael is a really lucky guy," he bites his lower lip, "And, I'm really glad that you're getting married to somebody who loves you and who you love, I honestly am. I am going to work my ass off for this wedding because I know how much it means to you. I just.. I just wanted to tell you that I never stopped loving you. And if tours have helped me till now, they've only helped to keep you off my mind. I fell in love with you when I was 17. And I will never forgive myself for not asking you out right then. I hate myself for waiting till the time you confirmed that you have a crush on Michael. I seriously hate myself. And.. It's just that - I love you, I am in love with you. I don't know how to explain it. I don't know. But I know we're not meant to be. We never were. But I just .. wanted to tell you this, for some reason. I know I'm going to fuck everything up again, but I had to tell you."

"Trust me, I hate you more for not confessing before I started liking Michael. And you don't ruin everything, can you stop thinking that way, Calum? You literally let me go because you KNEW I love him. You just wanted me to be happy. That's what people do when they truly love someone," I say, "and I'm really sorry. I feel like a bitch -"

"It's not your fault!" he snaps, "Stop blaming yourself for everything. I am sorry, alright? I am sorry for being so desperately in love with you. I can't stop -" he sighs, and I see tears in his eyes, "I have to live without you, yeah?"

"Don't do this to me," I practically beg, "You're my best friend, Cal, I can't see you this way. You know how much I hate seeing you hurt.. And now I know that I'm the reason for this -"

"You aren't," he says, "I am. I fell in love with you,"

"It's not like we can control who we love," I say.

"If you weren't getting married to Michael in three weeks, I'd kiss you," he says, without really realising he said that.

"Uhh.. Bro, am I interrupting a private moment between two best friends?" I hear someone mocking from behind. Michael.