6: you pessimist

"Pope!" I yelled out running closer to the boy. I saw him turn his head around confused until he spotted me crazily waving him down.

"Hey Willa" he smiled politely when I reached down onto the wet sand and fell into step next to him.

"How'd you pull up from last night?" I asked smiling and turning my head to face him.

"Perfectly fine actually luckily enough"

"Must be nice" I laughed shaking my head.

He let out a deep laugh "Maybe don't drink so much" he deadpanned as my jaw dropped.

"Pope Heyward!" I gasped slapping his chest as his face grew into a cheeky grin "so funny" I rolled my eyes but let out a light laugh.

"I'm hilarious" he shrugged his shoulders, I shook my head high in the air.

"No, you're not," I said with a cheeky smile. "Anyways where are you heading?" I asked.

"Back to my Pop's shop I stayed at John B's last night" Pope answered.

"Sounds like fun"

He slapped my arm getting my attention so I quickly turned my head with a shocked expression, "Ow" I whinged rubbing my arm.

"We're having a party at the boneyard tonight you have to come!" he exclaimed getting excited.

I raised my eyebrows in delight "I'll be there" I said with a bright smile.

"That didn't take much convincing" he laughed.

I gave him a knowing look, "Getting me to party is never a challenge" I said causing him to chuckle. Sure I was nervous seeing Kie and John B but it was a pretty big beach and I was good at avoiding people when I needed to.

"Very true Wills" he nodded "So I have to head up there" he pointed in the distance to the path leading to the beach parking lot.

"Easy thanks Pope" I smiled.

"See you tonight" he waved walking up the sand.

Seeing Pope's retreating figure walk away I walked down towards the water dipping my feet in. I watched as the small waves crashed as I took a deep breath.

。・:*:・゚

I sat on my bed with the urge to simply sleep the night away but I walked into my bathroom and started putting on simple makeup. 

I ran the brush through my long hair and used a small claw clip to put my hair into a half-up, half-down style.

Pogue parties were quite laid back, so with that in mind, I put on a light blue denim mini skirt and a crop top that showed off a decent amount of my cleavage.

Back in my bedroom, I rummaged through my dresser doors in search of alcohol. 

I'd already searched through some of my old hiding spots including my closet, bathroom hamper, and bedside table but came up empty. 

I finally touched the glass bottle of cherry schnapps and smiled in victory.

Once satisfied with my appearance I walked downstairs figuring I needed to beg my brother for a ride.

"Spencer!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs from the kitchen not knowing where in the house he was.

"What the fuck I'm right here" he groaned walking into the kitchen covering his ears with an annoyed expression.