36: for me

"I know" Rafe breathed "And- I'm sor-"

"Stop" I cut him off, "It stays in the past okay?"

"Okay" he nodded as I softly smiled.

"I want to look forward not dwell on the past...because when I think about last summer I-" I cleared my throat. "Our 'almost' will always haunt me and I'd rather not think about it" I shrugged my shoulders seeing him look down at his lap.

Rafe looked up at me staring into my eyes with a serious look, "We can always begin again" he said softly moving his arm from around my shoulders and taking my face in his hands, "Y'know I think about you a lot more than I probably should" he mumbled as I softly smiled.

We reached the top of the Ferris wheel right as I felt a few raindrops fall down on us.

Right as I felt Rafe's lips against mine.

It was deja vu up on the Ferris wheel. Except for this time, it was clear, that he wanted me and I wanted him. 

The kiss was soft considering we could be seen by practically anyone looking up but I doubted Rafe cared as he deepened the kiss grabbing fistfuls off my hair and softly tugging making a small moan escape my lips. 

His tongue and his delicate touch were making me incredibly aroused. I dropped the stuffed animal to my feet to free up my hands so I could run my fingertips up and down his torso, he tore his head from mine moving immediately to the crook of my neck placing wet and sloppy kisses on my skin. 

I found my fingers running down his lower abdomen, "We're not going to make it home if you keep doing that" he whispered lowly into my ear before taking it between his lips and tugging it gently making me moan even more, "oh god Rafe" I breathed incredibly turned on but the feeling of the ride jolting made me snap out of my trance.

I cleared my throat watching him pull away from my body with a smirk, I turned my head from him to look down as the ground became closer and closer until eventually I was picking up bambam from the ground and holding the toy between my arms as Rafe held out his hand for me to take helping me off the Ferris wheel.

"Thanks" I smiled when he helped me to my feet, he immediately threw his arm around my shoulder as we walked away from the ride as the rain started to fall even harder than before.

"Should we ah-"

"Get out of here, yeah" I interrupted him with a swift nod of my head as he pulled me towards the car. I let out a yawn as I felt tiredness overcome me, we picked up our pace as the rain was now bucketing down but Rafe intertwined our hands helping me run through the dark parking lot. 

Rafe unlocked his car and I quickly ripped open the passenger side door throwing my body into my seat. The water was dripping down onto the leather seats and my clothes were completely soaked, I turned over to see Rafe in the same predicament with his wet top clinging to his muscles.

I gently placed my stuffed animal at my feet as he started up the car, I watched the windscreen wipers work rapidly against the harsh pouring rain and Rafe began driving through the dark and empty streets.

"I have an idea" Rafe voiced causing me to look over at him questionably.

"What's this idea?"

"We should just stay here for the night," he said before turning his back to the road.

"Rafe...I don't know about that" I sighed, "What about our parents"

"I doubt they care where the fuck we are, to be honest," Rafe shrugged his shoulders as I continued staring at him, my body was slightly shivering which he quickly noticed flicking on the car's heater.

"What are you suggesting, where would we stay?" I asked furrowing my eyebrow.

"Call it surprise number two" Rafe looked over to me winking before sliding his hand over my thigh and squeezing it.

"Okay I'm in," I said smiling at him before he turned back to the road, I really didn't need much convincing. I stayed staring at his side profile as another yawn escaped my lips. I brought my legs to my chest on my seat and closed my eyes hating the feeling of my wet clothes on my body.

Luckily for me, Rafe was pulling into a fancy building's parking lot, where in the world was he taking me?

Rafe turned off the car and quickly opened his door jumping out, I turned around grabbing my phone before reaching out to my door handle but Rafe beat me to it opening my door for me.

"And they say chivalry is dead" I chuckled as he closed the door behind me once I hopped out of his car. "So uh where are we?" I asked following his body through the underground carpark. I wiped some rainwater off my face and ran my fingers through my wet hair as he picked up the pace.

"Hotel" Rafe said quickly stopping in his tracks for me to catch up to him.

"A hotel? You're getting us a hotel room" I said with an unbelievable look on my face.

"Of course" he muttered as we reached the street and shortly walked down the footpath before entering the high-class hotel, we looked extremely out of place considering we were two soaking wet teenagers and the only other people in the hotel lobby were fancy-looking adults.

Ignoring a few questioning stares we walked up to the front desk, "Good evening, how can I help you folks?" a young man asked us once we stood opposite him at the desk.

"We'd like a room," Rafe said shortly, and impatiently tapping his finger against the desk, unimpressed by his words I nudged him out of the way putting on my politest smile.

"What he means to say," I said staring daggers at Rafe who rolled his eyes, "Would it be possible for us to book a room for tonight?" I asked the man who had a skeptical look on his face.

"Look you seem like nice kids but we have certain policies I need to follow," he said very matter-of-factly.

"Certain policies" Rafe scoffed as I nudged my elbow into his stomach not taking my eyes off the hotel worker.

"Please.." I trailed off moving my eyes to name tag before looking back up into his eyes, "Please Stevan...as you can see my cousin and I really need to room...it's freezing outside" I said softly moving my wet hair over to one shoulder, In a way, I was happy I chose to wear a white cami because due to the rain the sheer material made my red bra exposed. I felt his gaze shift to my chest as Rafe's eyes narrowed at the man.

"Do you and your cousin have any identification, driver's license at least anything to prove your age"

I batted my eyelashes at him, "My cousin does yeah" I nodded as I slid my hand into the front pocket of Rafe's pants pulling out his wallet and passing his driver's license to him.

"And you?" He moved his glance from the card over to me.

I tilted my head to the side with a soft smile, "I didn't even bring my wallet with me...we weren't planning to get caught in the rain and our parents just told us to stay here"

The man looked torn switching his glance between Rafe and me, Rafe was clearly unimpressed as I lied about us being related but I knew what I had to do. 

It was clear the worker was attracted to me as he was constantly glancing at my breasts and lightly biting down on his lip when we made eye contact.

"I really need you both to have identification it's policy" He sighed stressfully rubbing his forehead. 

I stepped closer to the desk before dragging my tongue over my lower lip. "Please can you make an exemption...just this once" I said with a seductive look, I glanced sideways to see Rafe's eyes narrowed in a look of disgust. But I looked back at the hotel receptionist as he gave me a strained look.

"Just this once, for me," I said whispered trying my best to sound seductive but I was cringing at myself.

But to my surprise, he sighed loudly, "Just this once"