62

he was going to kill me

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

"Hey! Your dad is not gonna like that you're back home" was the first thing I heard after slamming the passenger side door closed behind me after I jumped out following Sarah. Rose was standing in the front garden with a drink in hand and a hose in the other paying attention to the garden beds. 

"He told me I could come here," Rafe said calmly walking towards the house. Sarah glanced in my direction before quickly dropping her gaze back to her feet as we followed him away from the car. 

"Well, he didn't tell me" Rose said very matter of factly. 

I chose to stay quiet, there were a million thoughts running through my head. I didn't know how to feel, I wished there was a crash course on how to feel after your boyfriend shot a police officer for you. But I knew that wouldn't happen anytime soon. 

As if Rose was piecing the puzzle together a look of confusion contorted on her face, "Why aren't you on the plane?" she asked sternly looking at Rafe. Her face drops when Sarah finally edges her head up from the ground. The look on her face gave it away. Rose's features softened as she saw the tears still slowly rolling down Sarah's cheeks. 

"Ask Rafe" she choked out before walking straight inside the house without a second glance in our direction. I looked up and made eye contact with Rose who looked half confused and half concerned. It was probably the most concern she's ever shown towards Rafe, interest even.

I ignored her questioning stare and walked into the house with Rafe hot in my trail. The second I made it through the door I felt him latch onto my wrist from behind. He spun me around so I was now facing him, except I keep my eyes glued to the ground. 

 "Willow..." his voice was barely above a whisper as he tried to get my attention. I could hear the hurt in his voice and it almost tore my heart into two. "....Please talk to me" he begged. 

I stayed looking at the ground thinking of what to say in a situation like this but Rafe took my silence more negatively than I intended it to be, "Please Lola...just talk to me...I'm so sor-" he whispered again grabbing ahold of both my hands. 

"Rafe" I sighed cutting him off and looking up from the ground to meet his light blue eyes that were rimmed red with tears threatening to fall. The look on his face broke my heart sending tears to leak out of my own eyes. 

"I just need some time to think" I whispered looking back down to the ground afraid to see the look on his face.

"Willow please" 

I took a step closer to him and saw the heartbroken expression on his face. Tears were rolling down both of our cheeks but I raised my hands and softly wiped his tears away.

"Rafe just give me time" I said as gently as I could whilist dropping my hands from his face. He slowly nodded quickly wiping his tears away. I took one last look at the boy I loved before turning around.

"I love you Willow, I always will". 

With my back turned I nodded my head before walking out the front door. 

On the short walk back to my house I ran out of tears to cry. I had more than a million thoughts floating through my head but I just wanted my brain to shut off. I didn't want to think anymore, I wanted to be numb.