Chapter 7: Back Together

Hand in hand, Cade and Libby walked first to her job at the dinner to explain that she'd like the day off and why she didn't show up earlier, she still needed to explain it all in person to her.

 “Mrs. Smith I am so sorry that I didn't show up. I should've called but dad came by my place suddenly and took me down to the station and well a lot is going on. I'm sorry but could I have today off?”

 “Yes dear, I understand everything, your dad is looking out for you. I can't blame him that crazy old man is still on the loose and with everything going on I would wanna keep you safe too. Don't worry about today you can have the day off and rest; we have it all covered here.”

 “Are you sure? I'll make it up to you, I'll work double shifts if I have to.”

 “Don't worry about it, it's fine.” Mrs. Smith said but Libby noticed that some of the other people were starting and some had some judging looks as they stared at her and Cade holding hands.

 “Thanks Mrs. Smith!” Libby said as they left out the dinner.

 However as they had just made it out the door with Libby leading the way and Cade behind her; she almost ran into someone. This person she didn't want them to run into for fear of a repeat of yesterday; but there he stood in a nice pair of jeans and a nice long sleeve sweater.

 “Libby are you not working today?”

 “Oh Ace!...um no actually I'm taking the day off.” she answered moving to the side and Cade moved closer to her.

 “And your spending it with him....are you back together?” Ace asked starring at Cade; as he saw him wrap a hand around her waist.

 “Yeah we are back together...is that a problem city boy?”

 “Guys please don't do this again.” Libby said trying to push Cade back with her own body.

 “No...no it's not a problem, unless you break her heart again.”

 “Look first of all, she broke up with me back then, which broke my heart. Second of all I don't plan on ever breaking her heart or hurting her in anyway and third of all our relationship and anything else we do has nothing to do with you. This is our relationship; our life and our business, not yours. So leave her alone.”

 “I'm just saying, you break her heart and leave her alone, I won't hesitate to step in and take her away and treat her like a real man.” Ace said trying to get closer to Cade and really provoke him.

 “Well keep dreaming, that will never happen, I'm not gonna let her go.”

 “Guys please stop, Cade let's just go.” Libby said pulling on his arm.

 “Right sorry. Come on.” Cade said grabbing her hand and walking off.

 “Do you need to go to your work today?” Libby asked Cade as they got closer to the shop.

 “I'm the town mechanic, I work everyday, but I can close up for a day if need be.” he said pulling her closer to his side.

 “I can come with you and hang out with you there if you want; so you don't have to close down.”

 “Alright, I'd like that.” he said smiling back at her, so hand in hand they went inside the shop.