Chapter 17: All out

That next morning when she woke up, she found out that Ace was already gone, but part of her was really thankful for this. Still out of work for a bit; thanks to the hospital; so she grabbed her phone and house keys then she headed straight towards Kelsey's to see if she was ok and what else she needs to talk and show her about Ace.  I mean why didn't she message or call last night, why didn't she come by; is she hurt; or her son; what happened with her? All of these ran through her head as she walked up the stone steps to her friends door.

 She stood at the door knocking and knocking and knocking but no answer. Her Car was there, but she wasn't answering; and this was odd because Kelsey is too lazy to walk anywhere so she always took her car. She got the phone out and called her cell and the house phone; she could hear the house phone ring but no answer and just no noise at all from inside the house, she was really starting to panic now and decided to call her mom.

 “Doodles what's going on?”

 “It's Kelsey, she didn't come by last night or message me. I'm at her place now and her car is here but she isn't answering the phone or the door. I'm really worried.”

 “Now now doodles, calm down. I'm sure everything is just fine. She may have had her parents come get her because something to do with her son, if they went camping they may not get service on the phone. I'm sure it is ok.”

 “That's not like her, if something came up with her son and she had to go; she would have messaged me before she left, explaining that.”

 “Maybe she forgot.”

 “Or maybe something happened to her, what if the killer got her?”

 “Doodles sweetheart just calm, that's not likely.”

 “How can you be so sure? You said yourself that I can be his target an so maybe he took her out to get closer to me!”

 “We don't know that, and besides she is a very tough girl. I'm sure she is fine, you are just overreacting after everything that has happened; I mean losing your dad, getting over Cade with Ace but feeling confused about your feelings and with the killings that did happen. You are just over thinking this, so go home and just get some rest. I'm sure she will message you later tonight.”

 “MOM YOU'RE NOT LISTENING!”

 “Please just go home and rest. It will all be fine, I gotta go but I'll call you later.” her mom said hanging up.

 Defeated by her mom not believing her; and not having her dad or brother or anyone else to turn to; she went home in hopes that something will make sense or she would get a call back. Actually as she thought; her dad may not be here but perhaps she could go to his office and get some answers so she changed her direction and went to the police station.

 “Oh Libby right?” What are you doing here?” Justin asked her when she walked in.

 “Oh I just wanted to spend some time in dads office if that's ok, I think it might help me get some closer.”

 “Of course I don't think any of the guys here will mind that it's you, but I do have to ask that you don't take any of his papers home; still gotta work on those cases but anything else you wanna take, you can.” Just said leading me back.