Chapter 16: Truth or Lie

“Hey, I couldn't just leave a text for you at this time of need. I'm really and truly sorry for your loss Libby. Please know that I am here for you, you just let me know if you need anything I will come back right away. Just say the word.” Cades voice came from the other side of the phone.

 “No that's ok, I don't want you to give up that dream again for me. You have already lost a lot. I promise I'm ok, I have mom and everyone else helping me, I got Ace he has helped a lot...I mean...”

 “It's ok, if he makes you happy then it is ok; but this dream is nothing compared to being there for you. You know that right? I meant it when I said that my true dream as always been you and making sure you are happy.”

 “Cade I...I um...I'm sorry I gotta call Kels, we are working through everything as well and um she said she had something she wanted to talk to me about. I'll um, I can talk to you later...I'll message you.”

 “That's good to hear, you two can work it out and be friends again. I'll let you go but just so you know...I still love you and pray that you can find happiness again and that I'm sorry for you and your mothers loss. Call me if you need anything. Bye Libs.” he said hanging up leaving her a little stunned.

 She felt a small sting in her heart at his words of love, and as she hung was she left the bathroom and had just laid her phone on her nightstand it went off again; this time she saw the name of her best friend and was about to pick it up when she heard knocking at her bedroom door making her jump; but why exactly did she jump.

 “Hey everything ok? You asleep?” Ace asked opening the door.

 “Oh yeah sorry I was in the bathroom. I guess I'm still shaken up about dad...it just...um it doesn't seem real to me; I guess to me it almost seems like a repeat of my brother. Sorry.” she said trying to stay calm and not let him hear her heartbeat racing.

 “It's ok; I understand how hard it must be for you; it was just I called you and you didn't answer. I got a little worried but the food is ready; you should come down and try to eat.” he said placing a hand on the small of her back and leading her downstairs but at the touch of his hand she tensed up.

 Now a little odd Ace just assumed it was from the stress of everything; but Libby was worried that he might take it the wrong way as Kelsey's message ran through her head. Halfway down the stairs she realized that she left her phone on the nightstand; which she wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Is Kelsey just trying to freak her out and what could she mean; is she trying to say that Ace is dangerous or did he just lie about his name; she was just so unsure about so much right now. I mean she just had to put her father in the ground today; her best friend who had slept with her now ex-boyfriend which still has some feelings for her; is now saying that her current boyfriend is lying to her and could be dangerous oh and there is also a serial killer in town who maybe targeting her.

 Yeah that is a lot to take in and way too much to actually understand her head was hurting real bad and she actually started to feel a little light headed as they made it to the bottom of the steps. She felt like she was swaying a bit and leaned into Ace who was concerned but before she could tell him not to worry; everything around her went black and she felt like she was falling. She just kept feeling like she was falling and just like she was floating but her head hurt and everything was black; it was a while but she finally was able to open her eyes again only to find herself in a strange room. No, not a strange room; a hospital room, she was in a hospital bed, she sat up to find an iv in her arm and no one in the room; until the door open and her mother rushed in.