Chapter 10: Betrayal

Libby sat on her couch with a stinging pain in her chest, she was so weak that Ace had to help her inside; she truly felt like this was another nightmare. Still trying to process what was just said to her, she was in pain, felt weak, was shaking, tears forming in her eyes and was struggling to find words. This couldn't be true but why would Ace lie; could he be lying, what is this going on.

 “Libby, I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry.” Ace said sitting next to her placing a hand over her shaking hands.

 “No...it...it just can...it can't be true.”

 “I'm so sorry Libby, but it is. We were cleaning, I was still working on the outside and they were inside doing the dishes and finishing all the alcohol. When I went back in to let them know that I was finished I saw a trail of clothes; I followed it to the bedroom and...and they were in the bed together.”

 “I don't...I can't believe you.”

 “Libby I'm sorry but it is. I fought my dignity and respect for their personal space so I walked in while they were asleep and took a photo; I knew you wouldn't believe but you need to know the truth.” Ace said pulling out his phone.

 “Here, and again I'm very sorry about this.” he said handing his phone over to her.

 There in front of her eyes was a photo that showed two people in bed together, obviously naked and obviously her boyfriend Cade and her best friend Kelsey. Kels was on her back naked with the covers covering her from the waist down as she had on leg out, then Cade was on his stomach next to her with an arm over her chest, the covers covered his waist and below but he had this unmistakable tattoo of a dragon on his back. This was all true; it wasn't fake; they slept together, oh how Libby wished she could forget about everything and that she had never came here in the first place.

 “He...he cheated..he cheated on me...him and her...I can't...” she said unable to form a full complete sentence.

 “I'm so sorry, I didn't realize that he would sink that low; I'd rather tell you the truth than have you find out...I didn't want to lie or hide anything from you; you deserve the truth always.” he said as he took the phone back and rubbed away a tear that had fallen.

 “I..I...”

 “Libby?” he asked holding her hands as they started shaking even more.

 “I...I just can't believe this.” she said as more tears started to fall.

 “Oh Libby. Come here, it's ok. I'm here.” Ace said wrapping his arms around her shoulders and pulling her close for a hug.

 “How..how could he...with her...and how can she...I hate them....I hate all of this...I never should have came back to the town.” she cried out.

 “It's ok.” he said holding her tighter.

 Hearing all of this and having the warm and gentle hold from Ace, made the tears fall faster from her eyes. Actually she turned to face him and buried her face into his chest and wrapped her arms around his back and held onto him tightly. Part of her felt bad for soaking his shirt in her tears but the pain in her chest hurt too bad and so they stayed like that for what seemed like forever before Ace spoke up.