Chapter 15: Dads Day

It has been about a week now since the last bodies were found and her family believe that she might be the real target; so instead of going to work, plus for  couple more days her work or behind her work was still a crime scene. Yet she decided to spend her time with her mom, she would help her in her classes either playing and helping the kids with stuff or just keeping it clean; even after school she spent time at her parents house until Ace would come and spend the night with her at her house.

 Yet the more this stuff was happening and the more worried she felt of being watched and being the next target she reached out to Kelsey; not Cade so as not to worry him; really didn't want him to go crazy and come rushing home away from his dream. She needed more just reliability and dependability and she knew Kelsey could provided that, so she gave her a call while the kids had recess.

 “Hey um Kels, if possible I'd really like to talk to you about a few things. Um some things are going on and I could really use my friend back. I was harsh on you and I'm sorry; could we talk; maybe meet up?”

 “Sure but can you answer something for me?” 

 “Of course.”

 “Are you and Ace dating?”

 “Oh, um yeah we are. I know it might seem poor taste but he was so nice and I don't wanna come between Cade and his dream from high-school...so we have been dating for a little over a week now.”

 “Right...well we can talk, but just give me some time; I got a few things that I would like to do before we meet face to face to talk. Not long just a couple of days. Ok?”

 “Yes of course that's perfectly fine. I'm just glad you want to meet and talk. I miss you and I'm sorry; you were my friend and I shouldn't have been so harsh; I was just so upset.”

 “It's ok I understand. Well I gotta go back to work, I'll message you whenever I got all my stuff done, then we can meet.”

 “Alright then talk to you later.” Libby said hanging up just as the kids came rushing back in.

 They finished the class with no trouble from the kids and her mother was still trying to calm her down; because every once and a while; Libby would think she saw someone outside but it was just a parent picking a kid up. She was really on edge, just as she was shaking and her mom had finished grading the daily stuff Ace walked in but he wasn't smiling.

 “Ace what's wrong? I'm not used to seeing you look down or upset.” Libby said reaching out to grab his hand.

 “I'm sorry but I have something you both need to hear. There was a terrible accident.” Ace said as the young cop Justin walked in.

 “An accident? What kind? What's going on Justin is it my husband?”

 “I'm sorry Mrs. Lewis. There was an accident at the mechanic shop; you husband, he...he didn't make it. I'm sorry but your husband has died.” Justin said walking closer to the older married woman.

 “What?!” Both girls cried out.

 “I'm sorry Libby, he was working on a car and had the engine lifted up; one of the chains snapped and it fell on him, I tried to get it off of him but by the time I did it was too late. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry for to both of you.” Ace said reaching out to hold Libby as her knees started to shake.