V:

Barely an hour into my first day and I already wanted to leave

Barely an hour into my first day and I already wanted to leave. I headed straight to the bathroom and calmed myself down before I hesitantly and very slowly, made my way to the first class of the day: English literature with Mr Hefner.

Lucky old me had a map of the school so it really didn't take me long to find room 507 and for my excuse, I could easily use the new girl card. I stand in front of the door, reaching my knuckle to the door and banging against it lightly. The glass was see-through and everyone in the class turned to my direction and I immediately blush in cringe and embarrassment.

The teacher signals me in and I open up the door.

"I-um, hello...I'm new here, I'm sorry I'm late I-got a bit lost"

I stutter on my words. Mr Hefner, an older looking gentleman but was certainly a dilf just chuckles at me.

"That's quite alright Miss Grayson, you're allowed to make mistakes"

He assures me. I nod and walk in and he points me to a seat near the back.

"Everyone, this is Cheryl Grayson, she is new to town and to the school so I would like everyone to show her some respect"

I ignore the consistent muttering as I walk down the aisle and certainly ignore Galenas pleas for an apology as I take my seat. I take out my books and everything else as Mr Hefner continues the lesson while a flying projectile hits my head and I turn to my left to see the same girl who bumped shoulders with me early, smiling at me, nodding her head to some paper on the floor and I reach to pick it up:

Let's hope you join your brother in hell soon and then you can go back to being incest with one and other, freak!

Beatrice Zhang xoxo

My heart starts beating in my chest as I turn to face her, a tear falling from eye as she smirks and turns to face the guy behind her, who doesn't share her smile but just stares at me.

I didn't want to be seen as weak, I'd already cried so I just scramble up the paper.

"If that's the best you've got, then you better seriously step up your game as that insult sucked"

I whisper at her. She hums evilly at me but turns to face Mr Hefner again as he starts talking about the book choice for the semester.

"So for this semester, we're going to be reading on-"

He starts writing on the board.

"-the Dollanganger series"

Beatrice, the mean girl, starts violently laughing as the class turns back to her.

"What's funny miss Zhang?"

Mr Hefner sighs. After a few moments, she controls herself.

"Sorry sir it's just, I find it funny how we're studying a book on an incest relationship between a brother and sister when that's exactly why her brother got killed..."

I can feel the classes eyes on me.

"What? I'm sure you all know that someone found out that she was SLEEPING with her brother and because it's so gross, he mailed to death"

"That's enough, Beatrice. Anymore of that and you're out!"

Mr Hefner warns her. She glares at him but says nothing more about it and class continues on and I try to ignore the sneaky glances from the guy behind Beatrice and herself when Hefner talks about the themes of the story.

Class ends and I stand up, before getting nudged by what seemed to be her boyfriend.

"Watch where you're going, inbred freak"

He spits at me. I roll my eyes as the class leaves, leaving me the only one in there.

"Cheryl, would you stay a moment?"

Mr Hefner asks before I leave. I nod and walk back over to him.

"I want to apologise on behalf of Beatrice, she's normally a good student, I don't know what she's act like this towards you"

" I know why. I'm the new girl with some interesting stuff that's happened and she's jealous, not an excuse, she's just...jealous?"

I shrug. He smiles sympathetically before removing his glasses

"Has it been hard? Since the murder"

"Yeah l guess, he was my best friend and was there for me and knowing that his murderer is still out there, it sucks big time"

He hums in response. We talk some more before he sends me away and I walk out of the class, storming down the hall to get to my next class when...

"Cheryl wait, please..."

I roll my eyes as I turn around to be greeted by Galena.

"What, I'm trying to get to class"

I snap at her. She sighs and scratches her head awkwardly.

"I'm sorry about my words earlier and...everything in the class"

I sigh and cross my arms.

"You didn't exactly stick up for me back there so you know what, I don't care, it's not like we're friends"

"It's not that easy with Beatrice, her dad is president of the PTA here, she pretty much gets away with murder"

I ignore her and spin around, continuing the walk but now grateful that my mom .