XIV:

This town does Halloween best! The Main Street of the town, normally boring and sometimes even quiet, was now covered in some of the finest Halloween decorations; the stalls were amazing even Tyler had a smile on his face as he had a look at the s...

This town does Halloween best! The Main Street of the town, normally boring and sometimes even quiet, was now covered in some of the finest Halloween decorations; the stalls were amazing even Tyler had a smile on his face as he had a look at the stalls.

"Okay, I take it back, this place looks amazing"

He says in awe. Chuck wraps his arms around him and kisses his cheek.

"Not complaining now, are you?"

Lena teases as Ty sticks his tongue out at her.

"We're going to get some candy apples, you guys want some?"

Kora asks, stepping next to the guys.

"Yeah please!"

Me and Lena say simultaneously. We tell them to meet us at the bopping apples station as they head away.

"So, can we come to George's grave tonight?"

She asks, handing me a cup of punch.

"Of course, that was the plan, wasn't it?"

I sip it.

"Just wanted to make sure, didn't want you to think we were overstepping"

She awkwardly looks down at her punch. I put my drink down and wrap my arms around her.

"George would have loved you, all four of you. You can come with me to his grave whenever you want!"

I assure her. We talk some more but her eyes fall elsewhere.

"Why is our English teacher walking towards us?"

She asks. I spin around and see Mr Hefner strolling towards us, dressed as the mad hatter.

"Mr Hefner, it's good to see you"

Lena trails awkwardly as he smiles at us, pouring himself some punch.

"As do you girls, as do you"

He beams. Awkwardly, Lena removes herself from the situation, leaving me alone.

"I assume she doesn't want to be seen with a teacher outside of school?"

He asks, turning around and leaning up against the table.

"Yeah, she likes teachers but not seeing them outside of school, big no no"

He laughs and shakes his head.

"I can't say I blame her, or anyone. I saw my old Science teacher in the mall a few years back and literally ran the other way, he probably wouldn't have even remembered me"

He tells me and I laugh, shaking my head.

"Anyway, I've been meaning to ask you, how are you feeling with your brother and all that, now?"

He asks. From his expression; he must think he's overstepped the line but I decide to reply.

"A lot better, it's hard obviously but he wouldn't have wanted me to spend the rest of my life sad about the fact he wasn't here, he would have wanted me to live life for both of us"

I tell him. He nods with a smile.

"That's great, Cheryl, I'm glad you've found happiness"

He beams. He checks his watch and leaves me, saying goodbye as the group comes over, giving me an apple.

"Lena came to find us. Didn't want to be in an awkward conversation with Hefner"

Kora grins. I tell them they're mean before we head off to look at the other stalls, where we find out that Tyler, unsurprisingly, is a sore loser, even to his own boyfriend.

We'd been at the fair a mere two hours when Kora nudges me.

"Look who's coming this way"

She nods her head behind me and I spin around, seeing Freddie walking over,wearing a football outfit.

"Best leave loves young dream to it"

Lena and Tyler tease, as the group walk away, as I mentally scold them before turning around, greeting him with a great big smile.

"Well, don't you look as fancy as usual?"

Freddie flirts his way next to me. I raise my eyebrows and take a sip of the punch.

"Would say the same about you however I would be lying, and I'm not allowed to do that"

I sass him. He gasps dramatically, grabbing for his heart.

"Ooh, you hurt my heart Grayson, you really do"

He teases and even then, I can't hold back a smile.

"Anyway, where's the rest of the gang?"

He asks, making conversation.

"They saw you and fled, apparently I'm your next conquest, since you and the bitch broke up"

I tell him. He just stares at me, neither denying nor saying it's true.

"That better not be true"

I warn him and he shakes his head.

"No, no. Chuck made it sound like I was being a man whore about the situation: I went on a few dates after asking you out, found out Beatrice put them up to it so they can dump me, but obviously none of them were up to your standards so, I'm coming back"

He tells me. I don't know what it is, but I for some reason seem to believe him.

"So what do you say, Cher? Fancy making me a happy guy and going on a date with me on Saturday?"

He asks, a cheesy grin on his face. I turn around to the group who are egging me on to say yes. Bunch of morons!

"Alright fine, as long as you don't wear the costume, you're not scaring me"

I wink at him before heading back over to the guy, prepared for the teasing of my life.