XVIII:

Last nights events lead me to barely no sleep, how could I sleep? Someone sickeningly trashed the grave of a young man who was murdered, who they didn't even know and made a threatening comment  to me

Last nights events lead me to barely no sleep, how could I sleep? Someone sickeningly trashed the grave of a young man who was murdered, who they didn't even know and made a threatening comment to me...so it was obvious I knew them.

I was laying in my bed, staring up at my lights when the door opened, and I knew it was Lori.

"Hey sweetie, how are you feeling?"

She asks, walking over and placing a cup of orange juice and a plate of bacon and eggs before taking a seat next to me.

"I'm scared"

I mumble. She sighs before lifting the duvet off of me and coming into the bed and placing it over us.

"Talk to me, I want to be able to help you"

She assures me, caressing my hair as my heads nuzzled into her neck as I begin to cry.

"I'm so scared. I feel like George's killer is here, and he's coming after me next but...I don't even know who they are, so how am I supposed to keep myself safe?"

I rant to her. I sob louder and she cuddles into me, soothing me while trying to assure that everything is gonna be okay.

"We need to take your mind off of stuff, we'll do something today"

She says. I let go of her and sit up, letting out a sniffle.

"Like what? No offence but we've pretty much done everything that's needed to be done"

I tell her, she gives me a small smile and shakes her head.

"That's not strictly true"

She pulls out her phone and typed something in before showing me a picture of an old and vile abandoned house, it looked like somewhat of a crack house.

"It's at the end of town. Apparently most of the kids go over there and just drink but I was thinking me and you could just visit it, maybe even see it's it's haunted"

In Chicago, at 11, me and Lori decided to see a creepy house in the country area around our neighbourhood. It was scary beyond words and we never actually went again because it was scary to go through and mom flipped and banned me from that way of town but we always wanted to visit one again.

"Yeah alright, we'll do it. But let me eat and change and then we'll do it!"

She nods and places a kiss on my cheek before we dig into our food.

********************
I didn't really how far away the abandoned house actually was. It took just over 20 minutes in Uber so walking was certainly out of the question to get there.

I shut the door and Lori comes to sit next to me as we stare out to the fields.

"Damn, looks like something out of a horror film"