XVI:

4 months later

4 months later

Months had passed since I first kissed Freddie and my life had just had the cherry on top of it. I was closer to my friends than ever, On New Year's Eve, under the fireworks in the towns celebration, he asked me to be his girlfriend, which I gladly accepted and I was more than in love with him. Him and the guys were good friends and even better, he had Beatrice back.

It was hard at first, it wasn't gonna take a day for Beatrice to stop being so...uptight at times, and we clashed a lot but then slowly, she became a lot kinder and finally, Freddie could have some more happiness in my life like I did.

The weekend away for my parents came to no where, no evidence came to light so George's murder was still out there, but I was certain that they would be found.

In light of this, mom and dad decided to temporarily move back to Chicago to be closer to the case and left me in the hands of Eleanor and Daniel, and I accepted and they treated me as one of my own.

**************
It was a Friday afternoon, school had finished and I was at the diner, doing a shift when the bell for the door opens and I look up to see my mom and dad, smiling happily at me.

"Oh my god, your back!"

I yell happily, sliding over the counter and embracing them in a group hug.

"Oh my angel, you're glowing. You look so beautiful"

My dad beams. My mom pushes some hair behind my ears before placing a kiss on my temple.

"We've missed you so much!"

She coos. We stand there talking as I barely hold back tears.

"We have a surprise for you"

I raise my eyebrows as my mom stands behind me, hands in front of my eyes as dad grabs my hand and leads me out of the diner.

"Oh my god, what is this?"

I laugh. They count to three and mom removes her hands from my eyes and my eyes widen and my mouth drops: Lorelei was stood there, smiling.

"Miss me, boo?"

I scream in glee as I run over to her, jumping into her arms with such force that we both fell. Tears were both falling from our eyes as we just laid on the ground, cuddling into one and other.

"I've missed you so much"

"I've missed you too"

She plays with my hair.

"-but I'm gonna need you to get your big butt off of me"

She pats my back and I laugh, standing up and helping her.

"Just spoke to Jimmy, you can leave now"

My dad tells me, patting my back.

"I-I-I can't even talk right now, you guys don't know how happy I am"

I cry into my dads arm.

"Trust me, I was the same when they came to the house to tell me of their idea"

Lori assures me. I let go of my dad and wrap my arms around her neck again.

"Oh my god, I have to introduce you to everyone"

I suddenly remember. I remove my arms from her before grabbing my phone and failing Tyler's number.

"Tyler, I need you gather everyone to my place, I have someone I want you guys to meet"