XXI:

10 years later

10 years later

"And...done. Everything looks perfect, and you look absolutely beautiful Cheryl"

My wedding planner, Sean assures me. I turn to face him and grab his hands, squeezing it tightly.

"Thank you Sean, I can't thank you enough for helping make this day perfect for me"

He smiles and gives me a light wink.

"Anything for you"

He pats my back before leaving the room, forcing me to stare at myself in the mirror again. I had to admit, I look beautiful. My hair had been placed in a lower Unstructured Twist, with a beautiful hair clip to ngl with it with my grandmothers pears and diamond earrings and the most beautiful dress: MIXED-PATTERN LACE WEDDING DRESS WITH BEADING with bling across it and a beautiful vail, marrying the love of my life who had been there for me for the past 10 years and I was now luckily carrying his beautiful twin girls, due in another 6 months and I was beaming to see that I was starting to show more, especially in the dress.

Since I was nearly murdered, my life was a rollercoaster, a year afterwards, Lorelei was sentenced to 26 consecutive life sentences and will never be released, no matter how many times she "apologises" or tries to appeal, and if she does one more time, a judge will permanently ban her from doing it.

We had one funeral for all three as because they were so close, they would have wanted their funerals to have all been together, just not expecting it to be this early. I remained close to all their patients and Eleanor and Daniel even became foster parents to support other kids, something Kora always wanted her family to do.

Sadly Lena's parents moved back to Ukraine with the rest of their kids, however I've remained close to them and still arrange a phone call every few weeks.

Tyler's parents remained quiet at the start, I felt they almost blamed me but Daniel assured me, they feel no foul towards me.

My relationship with my parents got even better, they helped me with therapy and trying to get me closure, but I realised I'd never get closure, but I can deal with my grief.

"Wow..."

I turn to see my mom and dad stood there, beaming. They rush over and place me in a hug and my mom reaches to pat my belly.

"How are my two little angels today?"

She coos to my stomach and I smile.

"Not helping my nerves, they're making butterflies in there"

I joke as the pair laugh at me.

"You're gonna be fine honey, but I'm gonna take my seat before I cry anymore"

She kisses my cheek before leaving and I turn to face my dad.

"Is Freddie here yet?"

I ask and he nods.

"And look very handsome"

We stare for a moment before embracing one and other in a hug.

"You're gonna be perfect"

He assures me and swallowing my tears, I take a deep breath.

"I would have wanted them to be here; all four of them"

I tell him. He grabs my hands and places them on my heart.

"They're here...in there"

He points to my chest.

"And I'm almost adamant that those little devils are gonna be embodied as Galena and Kora-Lee and my god, will you have your work cut out"

We both chuckle before he checks his watch and puts his arm out for me to link.

"You ready to do this?"

He asks and I nod.

"Always"

********************

As the guests clap their hands and cheer for Chuck to finish his best mans speech, I wait for everything to calm down.

"Alright I'm going to keep this to a minimum but thank you everyone for coming here today, it Uh-really means a lot, these past 10 years haven't been easy for a lot of people in this room but I'm glad that we can all come together for a happy occasion"

We all raise a glass and as I go to sit down, Freddie pats my leg for me to keep talking.

"10 years ago, three of the most, kind, amazing and selfless people lost their lives due to ones crazy, warped mind and honestly, I do hate the fact that my best friends can't be here to celebrate-"

I turn to the table with a picture off all of us together, along with pictures of George and me and I named the table a table for our lost loves! My heart was beating as I stared at it.

"Those three losers taught me a lot of things; and the thing that's stuck with me most was that it didn't matter how long you knew someone, it's how they treat you that proves their good friends. I knew them for months and they made a difference to my life, and I'll be forever grateful, and I'm beyond grateful to have my big brother George watching over me"

I place a hand on my bump and Freddie places his on my hand.

"Have a good evening everyone"

We all raise a glass before everyone gets out of their table to socialise and dance and before I was to do that, I walked over to the lost loves table to stare at the picture.

"They'd be so proud of you babe, you've done everyone proud"

He places a kiss on my cheek and nuzzles into me as I smile at the picture.

"And I'm gonna make them all proud of me until the day I join them in heaven"