VI:

School was finally finished for the day and to say I just wanted to return to my room and permanently cry was what I needed

School was finally finished for the day and to say I just wanted to return to my room and permanently cry was what I needed. For the rest of the day, I was stared at like I was a circus animal and that Beatrice girl didn't make it any easier; all she seemed to do was nudge past me and call me names. I didn't know what her problem was, but it had better stop!

As I shut the front door behind me, kick off my shoes and call out to my mom, I suddenly hear unfamiliar voices and laughter from the kitchen so I head trough there.

Mom and two other people were sat there, coffee mugs in hand, deep into conversation. I clear my throat and the three adults turn to meet my view.

"Oh here she is, my wonderful daughter"

My mom beams, bolting up and coming to my side, placing a hand to my shoulder and a kiss to my temple, and my eyes at the shock.

"Daniel, Eleanor this is my daughter, Cheryl. She's just returned from her first day at Appleby high"

She beams. They share a kind smile.

"Hello young lady, it's good to see you"

"You two sir"

I smile back.

"Oh isn't she precious? She's just like you when you were that age, Audrey. Very polite"

Eleanor beams. I may be polite but I'm nothing like this fake woman standing next to me.

"Yes, but I was much more smarter"

She "jokes" but I knew she truly wasn't kidding. We started talking and I found out that Eleanor was actually 5 years younger than my mom and she babysat her back in the day. They continue talking before I dismiss myself.

"Oh, before you leave Cheryl, I'll make sure to get my daughter Kora-Lee to keep an eye on you"

He assures me. I thank him for the offer before heading up stairs, shutting the door quietly behind me before just sliding down against the door and break g down in tears. I'd been here a minute and the only truly nice people around here was three grown adults who I could t actually be friends with. I sob into my arm, trying to calm myself down and while it doesn't work for the first 10 minutes, I finally calm down before making my way to my study desk, to pull out a a piece of paper, a pen and an envelope.

I was going to write a letter, to George and then place it as his grave. I remember researching it and how it could make you feel closer to your loved ones who passed. I hadn't given it much thought but I needed to do something.

I sign the letter and place it envelop, licking it before putting it aside, wiping away some stray tears

I sign the letter and place it envelop, licking it before putting it aside, wiping away some stray tears. I pounce on the bed and exhale, my mind wondering to all my memories with George before falling into a slumber, non nightmare slumber.