IX:

One month into my time at the school and everything was a tad better; I still didn't have any friends, I only talked to the other kids if we were partners but apart from that, everything was fine and I wasn't being bothered

Much to my dismay, someone made it aware to my mom at a PTA meeting that I was spending my lunch break either in the library or in the bathroom so of course to protect her reputation at the school as president of the PTA and being the former prom queen, I got yelled at and am being forced to spend lunch in the cafeteria.

I grab my food and scan my eyes to see where I'd be comfortable sitting and everyone was staring and moving their bags to their chairs so when I see a table with no one on it, I take my chance and sit down, awkwardly eating..

"Mind if we sit here?"

A voice asks; I turn and face them and it was Kora-Lee, Galena and another guy with curly hair.

"I don't care"

I tell them coldly and they take their seat, the guy sitting as close to me as possible.

"You have a beautiful hair, it's almost like snow"

The guy says, admiring it. I think this was Tyler but I wasn't going to conform to stereotypes.

"Thank you, I think?"

"Tyler, stop being a freak and let the poor girl eat"

Galena tells him. He sucks his teeth and gives me my personal space and we start eating, me staying silent.

"Listen Cheryl, I'm so sorry for saying what I said when you first started, I didn't mean any harm I just-"

"It's fine, I don't care, like I said"

"This girl has sass"

Tyler snaps back and I turn to face him with a glare as he just smiles cheekily at me.

"I see you're enjoying the school now compared to when I first met you because you're now making friends"

Kora-Lee says, biting into her apple. I shake my head.

"No. I let you sit here because there's no space for any of you on the other tables"

I tell them bluntly. I ignore the rest of their conversation until I see Beatrice and Freddie walking over.

"Uh oh, Devil princess is coming"

Galena says in a cough as I look up to see her smirking directly at me as her sheep of a boyfriend follows.

"Oh well isn't this just a picture? The school outcasts and the Chicago inbred are besties?"

She coos rudely. Galena slams her fork down and bolts up, getting in Beatrice's face.

"Haven't you got anything better to do? Are you really that jealous of a girl who lost her brother?"

She snaps. I raise my eyebrows and Galena turns to face me.

"Sorry but I had to"

She assures me. I just ignore it and continue watching the confrontation.

"You think I'm jealous of the girl who got her brother killed because she was having sex with him? Oh that's funny, real funny"

Beatrice sneers. Tyler stands up.

"I don't fight girls so I'm not gonna lay a hand on you but Freddie, you best take your girl away before I bust you up"

Tyler says, getting up in Freddie's face. Freddie just scoffs and pushes him away slightly.

"Watch it homo!"

He blurts out and in an immediate rage, Galena bolts up and smacks Freddie round the face so hard, he just falls to the ground.

"Don't call Tyler a homo, ty proklyatyy duren'"

She tells him. Beatrice steps up and pushes her, an angry look on her face.

"Don't touch my boyfriend, you Ukrainian whore!"

She yells. Kora-Lee just steps in front of Galena, pushing her out of the way before raising her fist and landing it against Beatrice's face, as she lands on the ground, dramatically crying out that Kora-Lee broke her jaw.

Another guy jogs over through the crowd and wraps his arms around Tyler.

"Are you okay babe?"

"No Chuck, your best friend over there is a fucking psycho!"

He asks and I immediately feel my heart warm up at the fact they're a couple. Tyler tells him what going on as Beatrice, Galena and Kora-Lee argue with one and other and in a fit of rage, Chuck storms over to Freddie and punched him square, and he falls to the floor again.

Freddie feels for his nose and removes it, seeing blood and looks up.

"Chuck! What the hell man, I'm your best friend"

He yells angrily, staggering up. Chuck angrily cliches his fist again.

"You are no friend of mine if you insult my boyfriend"

He hits him again and it's brawl while I'm trying to get everyone off of one and other when principal Shaw storms over, removing Freddie and Chuck from one while the other teacher controls the girls.

"Enough, that's ENOUGH. THE PAIR OF YOU!"

He screams, gripping the pairs arms.

"All seven of you my office, NOW!"

He yells and embarrassed and humiliated, we follow him out of the cafeteria.