XV:

An extensive "makeover" by Kora and a traumatising hour of Tyler and Lena was now finished and I was ready for my date with Freddie

"Are you sure I look suitable?"

I ask, facing the guys. Tyler and Lena couldn't decide what I had to wear but both agreed on a pair of mom jeans, some heeled boots, a white turtle neck and a long, cream coloured dressing gown jacket with the matching woolly hat.

"You look adorable, Cher okay? Stop stressing, you e worn a lot worse"

Tyler jokes. Lena and Kora laugh while I repeatedly hit at him.

"Stop, you're making me panic, I don't know why I'm stressing"

"Well, it is your first date, it's kind of natural to be a bit nervous"

Kora assures me, leaning her head against my shoulder. I pat her lightly before Lena strolls over.

"It sounds to me, like Miss Cheryl Grayson here, has a little crush on Freddie boy"

She teases. I tut and push the pair off of me.

"Well there's gonna be some feelings there otherwise I wouldn't have given him the chance"

I check my watch and my eyes widen.

"Shit, we need to leave, I have to be at Appleby lake in 15 minutes"

I tell them. I rush around and grab my purse as the trio slowly stagger about.

"Lena, Kora, Tyler come on, pick up the pace. Tyler, grab your keys"

I snap at them. Tyler grabs his keys and pushes me out of my bedroom.

"Keep your hair on, we're coming"

**********************
I step out of the car and wave goodbye to my friends as they drive away. I turn around and see Freddie, gleaming at me as he leans against his car. Smirking, I walk over, hands in pocket.

"I don't know why you've got a smile on your face"

I say. He just smiles before wrapping his arms around me for a hug.

"Because...I've got the prettiest girl in Appleby to agree to be my date"

He charms me. I gasp and touch my heart.

"Oh Mr Mitchell, you do spoil me, stop!"

I dramatise in a terrible British accent and he just chuckles, takes my hand and leads me towards the wooden "bridge" that hung over the lake and we sit down and get into conversation, ranging from our favourite things to whatever else you ask when you're in a first day.

"Can I ask a person question, two actually?"

I ask and he nods.

"So the first one is, what did you see in Beatrice?"

I ask and he laughs.

"Funnily enough, she wasn't always this bitchy. I've known her pretty much my whole life, so has half the school and before we even became a couple, we were the best of friends and the thought of even becoming a couple wasn't in the cards, but then puberty came into the picture, she had a major glow up and feelings came and then two years ago, I asked her to be my girlfriend"

He tells me. I give him a side glance.

"Then what happened?"

He scoffs with a chuckle.

"Dad became president of the PTA, the power went to her head that she could get away with pretty much anything she wanted and then, here we are"

He shrugs. I place a hand on his shoulder and nod.

"Do you miss her?"

"Is that your second question?"

He asks and I nod, smiling. He sighs.

"I miss my best friend. The girl who, would make mud pies and we'd chug soda to see who can make the loudest belch"

I giggle at the thought of Beatrice doing something so vile.

"I miss my best friend, I don't miss the girl she's become"

He tells me.

"There's still time. You could bring her back down to reality, she can become that girl again with that push"

He smiles at me.

"Now, may I ask you a question?"

"I've asked mine so go for it"

I smile at him.

"Okay, what really happened with your brother? No rumours in thought, just the real thing"

He asks.

"Okay. My brother was my best friend and I, loved him with every damn bone in my body. Always have, alway will; from what I'm aware, he didn't have any enemies and got along with everyone. But one day, he was walking in the Chicago woods, a place in my neighbourhood back there and...he was shot, close. That's where my mom and dad have gone for the weekend, they may have a lead"

"That's good though right? A lead in the case?"

He asks and I shrug, crossing my arms to keep warm.

"I have a weird feeling that nothing gonna come from it; but that's an instinct"

He smiles and pats my knee.

"Wow, this is one depressing date, lets get on to a different subject"

I joke and he laughs and I wipe away a tear.

"Well, there's one thing I would like to do..."

He trails on. He leans in for a kiss, and in that moment, I lean forward to, pressing my lips against his.