X:

Principal shaw was not impressed of our show in the cafeteria and spent the next 10 minutes yelling at us all, apart from me because I was just there and trying to stop the situation but because I was just there, my mom had to be called and I was ...

Principal shaw was not impressed of our show in the cafeteria and spent the next 10 minutes yelling at us all, apart from me because I was just there and trying to stop the situation but because I was just there, my mom had to be called and I was dreading it beyond relief.

Me and Galena were sat outside while Tyler's, his parents, Kora-Lee and her parents were in the room. The pair were cousins so it seemed better that they have their meeting together.

"What a start to friendship, huh?"

I groan rhetorically as my eyes scan around the room. Galena looks at me in shock as if I was talking Spanish.

"Wait, we're friends?"

She asks and I nod with a smile. Knowing now that these people who wanted to be my friend that I barely know had stuck up for me, meant a lot and because they seemed like a good group, being friendly with them seems like a good idea.

She squeals and wraps her arms around me.

"You don't know how long I've wanted for you to say that, we're gonna have so much fun as friends"

I chuckle kindly and embrace her. The door opens and out walks the two families. Galena in her usual bouncy state, runs over and tells them I agreed to become a friend of theirs and they look over and smile at me.

"Oh so we get into a fight with someone for you and now we get to be friends? We should have done that earlier"

She jokes and I lightly punch her in the shoulder. Eleanor smiles at me.

"Hello dear. We heard what happened and don't worry, Tyler and Kora-Lee won't be punished. I've actually been asking Kora to beat her butt since a situation a couple of years ago"

Daniel tells me. I smile and nod.

"Thank you, I'll make sure that Principal Shaw keeps them all out of it as well"

I promise them all. We all say goodbye as Shaw walks out.

"Galena, come inside and wait for your parents, Cheryl, your mom will be here soon"

He tells me. I hear Lena visibly gulp as she walks in beside me. I sit back down and play with my thumbs for a while before the door opens and heels clicking against the floor.

"Cheryl..."

It's my turn to gulp now as I look up and see mom stood there, red blazer, white tight skirt and red heels with her hair curled against her shoulders as I awkwardly smile at her.

"Hey mom, nice day huh?"

I smile to lighten the mood as she sighs at me and takes a seat, crossing her legs.

"A fight, really?"

I sigh before leaning back slightly and telling her everything, about Beatrice, Freddie and how the guys stood up for me back there and when I'm done, o wait to get yelled at but she just sighs and places an arm around my shoulder and places a kiss to my temple.

"Listen sweetheart, I'm not big on violence, I've hated it for all my life but, if you're being bullied by someone, you have every right to hit someone but obviously, from statements you didn't even do anything so you wouldn't get punished anyway, and I'll make sure that your friends won't have anything bad happen to them either. You have some good friends sweetheart"

I'm shocked. The world has blown up into a billion pieces as my mother, the uptight witch, was being kind to me. I smile.

"Thanks mom, your right, they're pretty cool!"

The door opens and Lena walks out, smiling and winking at me before her parents lead her out of the office. I'll have to find her social media later and ask about whether anything happened to her.

Mom stands up and I follow her into the office as we take her seat.

"Jason, good to see you again"

My mom nods her head professionally. Mr Shaw straightens his tie.

"Cheryl is your daughter and you may be president of THE PTA however I prefer that we use the proper terms in front of the children"

He asks my mom. My eyes scan to my mom as she sits there, smiling.

"Listen Jason-"

She leans forward, linking her fingers.

"Cheryl wasn't involved in the fight, she was merely stopping everyone so she certainly doesn't need to be punished"

"Yes but-"

"Not finished"

She wiggles her index finger at him.

"And her friends shouldn't be punished for sticking up for their friend. The boy involved actually used a homophobic slur to Mr Tyler Duvall. We don't tolerate any abuse here at Appleby high now...do we?"

She says. He sighs. Mother always did have the gift of persuasion.

"Fine. All involved will not be punished"

"Apart from the actual bullies of course"

She reminds him and he nods. My mom thanks him before sending me out of the office and into the main corridor.

"Hey mom?"

I say and she stops to face me.

"Thank you...for that"

She smiles at me for a mere moment before shaking her head.

"Just going my job"

Before she strolls out of the school, me following behind.