Happy Anniversary

Chapter 1

Ava woke up happy, today made her anniversary.

She sat up happy waiting for her husband of thirty year's to walk in the door with a breakfast tray and an expensive bottle of her favorite champagne.

Strawberries to compliment the drink would be nice she thought. Being it was still morning she was thinking mamosa's and a morning round of double orgasam releasing sex.

Chaise? She pushed aside her white feather down blanket's slipped her dainty feet in her fluffy slippers making her way to the kitchen.

There was no breakfast being made nor a naked husband making it.

What's going on? Ava walked to their master bedroom stopped, turned, looking around as if someone was there with her.

Something was off a chill ran up her spine.

She checked the home gym in the basement, followed by the movie room.

Okay she thought smiling, he went out to buy you a surprise girl this is your 30th! Calm down he'll be back.

Ava hopped on her peloeton bike for a quick spin class followed by a hot shower and herbal steam in the sauna.

She lotioned and dressed for her star stunning day. She'd wear three outfit's today one for breakfast, brunch and finally dinner.

She missed breakfast with Chaise however brunch would due.

The doorbell rang Ahh this must be it she whispered hustling to the front door with a wide happy smiled upon her beautiful shining face.

Eyes gleaming and glowing with love she opened the door, Ava Dawson? Yes that's me. You've been served.

The process server turned away scurrying quickly to his vehicle.

Served? Ava sat on her tall kitchen bar stools before her legs gave way.

On this dreadful anniversary day Ava turned on the hanging studio light's above her.

She cracked the envelope open with her cotton candy painted finger tips whispering shockingly as she read.

Dropping the paperwork on the marble top counter she ran up the winding stair case by two's.

When Ava arrived to her destination she pulled open the closet's double doors to find her husband's side of the closet empty.

When did this happen? Just last night that closet was full brushing the empty hanger's not believing her eyes.

Ava looked at the tea mug her husband gave her to drink before bed rushing to her bathroom she pulled an old prescription of Ambieance from her medicine cabinet.

She took them once and didn't care for the feeling. Avs counted the tablets low and behold there were 27 pill's when there should of been 29.

Ava couldn't believe her reality. I know this is one of those practical joke's you can come out now Chaise!

Ava walked through her ten bedroom beach mansion looking for her husband and his friend's, prank over!

Come on now! Opening door's as she walked though the house as fast as her feet would allow. Nothing, no one, not one soul.

Ava's cell rang, she reached in her pocket for her phone slowly her hand's trembling in disbelief hello?

Her cracked quivering voice asked confused.

Ava? Happy anniversary girl it's Barbara.

I know my sister's voice thank you..I think. You think? What's going on Ava? Barbara can you come over? Sure honey I'm on my way.

Ava told Barbara what happened as she drove to her.

Ava was still on the phone with her when Barbara rang the bell.

Where is the tea Chaise gave you before bed? Here Ava handed her the mug. 

Barbara took a few sips in ten minutes she was yawning sleepy.

Oh God they agreed shockingly  why Ava? I don't know why Barbara.

Have you tried calling him? Of course I tried calling he's not answering. I'll try Ava no answer.

Is that his lawyer have you met this guy Ava?

No I haven't. Barbara grabbed the paperwork calling the number on the letter head hi may I speak withhhhh attorney Robert Mcgee?

This is Robert.

Hi my name is Ava Dawson Ava grabbed Barbara's arm, she pushed her off gently.

I'm calling to see if the paper's you served are genuine. Robert stopped in his track's confused Mrs. Dawson I assure you the paperwork is real and filed with the court as we speak. 

The number to the clerk's office is on the bottom you can call if you see fit to make sure they legitimate.

Why? Umm I have no Idea ma'am your husband obtained me in your proceedings a year ago if you do not have an attorney ma'am I suggest you find one have a good day.

A year? The sister's looked at one another perplexed a year? My god he's been planning this Barbara a whole year?

Ava sat because her knees betrayed her and weren't trusting to hold her from falling. Thirty year's..thirty year's she mumbled over and over like she was stuck in a reoccurring night mare wondering aimlessly in the disbelief of her present circumstance.

Tears welled  falling from her eyes smudging the ink on her freshly served divorce paperwork.